Kudos to a select few Harley riders.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek::spank::eek:

I know, i know... but hear me out :scared:
So two nights ago (i think) I had no gas in the car and woke up late (I work nights), so i ended up taking the bike in a torrential downpour + lightning of epic proportions. Anyways after a grueling work commute, at night, on deer infested, wet backroads, in a lightning storm, i made it to work. I pulled in thinking "oh good the motorcycle parking will be nice and empty for me!" Wrong, Turns out a couple of guys with Harleys willingly came to work on the bike, despite the weather. My helmet off to them, sure i did it but had my car had gas in it i'm fairly sure i'd have taken it. I figured most guys with Harleys don't ride them unless it's nice and warm, and the bar's are open :spank:
Although in my defense i'm sure that the big wall that they call a windscreen helps against the elements, compared to the little piece of pathetic plastic Kawi calls a windscreen. That and one of the two bikes there was a trike...but anyways i thought that was pretty cool.

In other news people on lawnmowers seem to have a NEED to wave at me... :ban:

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a couple ride in snow. Some of these guys dont have cars quite honestly and thats the only way for them to get around.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding back home on the bike this past saturday in heavy rain and seen a harley guy and his woman pulled over on the side of the road hiding under a tree lol. I honked and waved really big as I rode by lol.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My dad rides his Harley almost every day of the week. I think he has over 50,000 miles on it now, after about 4-5 years or owning it. Problem free too! He has ridden in some crazy downpours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
harley riders in the rain ? You must live in a very weird place ...

99% of the harley/cruiser riders around where I live are nice and always wave/talk but a lot of them do not ride in bad weather. A lot of the sports guys do not ride in the rain either though around here lol.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a couple ride in snow. Some of these guys dont have cars quite honestly and thats the only way for them to get around.

I think this is probably the case... Not sure how these guys afforded a 30,000 dollar Harley on a factory worker budget... so i'd bet it's their only transportation. Bikes are parked there every day. But even so i found it a strange phenomena that a Harley rider would dare go out in the rain :D

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In other news people on lawnmowers seem to have a NEED to wave at me... :ban:[/QUOTEDXH24]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Many years ago we were on a trip thru South Dakota at the same time as Sturgis. We stopped by Mt Rushmore just as a violent thunderstorm struck, complete with hail. Most of the Harley folks disapeared real quick while we sat in the car. However there were some that kept going including one on a old HD. During the summer a lot of them won't wave but in January and February EVERYONE on a bike waves.