KONY 2012 - What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
man i don't know why you keep coming back with such hostility but whatever..

and BTW, I think you meant disagree "with" you, goat. :D

I'm been offended by a number of posts in this thread but I kept silent even when I disagreed. But when you go subtly be a dick, and prod at me - I'm going to defend myself. I can old my tongue on some of the opinions here I disagree with, but you personally offended me - that's where my hostility is coming from. Just because I didn't have the patience to watch a 30 minute video I care nothing about -- doesn't mean I don't have the attention span to read a paragraph, dick.

How about you keep your witty comments to yourself and all is golden.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, no more personal comments/insults guys. Agree to disagree.
Nobody wants any further action taken so please play nice.

EVERY member needs to re-acquaint themselves with the Forum Site Rules on how to treat other members.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait...there's ruthless warlords on the continent of Africa? What? ;)

Seriously, the part that fascinates me the most is the movement itself: the hippie kids in the 60's thought they could change the world, and they did, to a limited degree. It was the whole "youth movement"- the sheer number of young people could be big enough to create social change.

Today, young people e-organized loosely via social media can come together around a common cause - globally - and can possibly create change. Sometimes negative, sometimes positive, but faster than ever, with more people than ever. The "flash mob" of politics - and a government that obeys the will of the people, in near-real-time - may be becoming more real than we know. For better or worse.

We may be witnessing history in the making.

Hang onto your hats, folks...

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw on CNN that there is a big stink about this movement... They are spending more money on Administrative fees than on the movement/Africa its self. I think its a great cause and this man needs to be stopped. I agree we have to watch out for politics and our own troops but at the same time shouldn't we help those who can not help themselves? I really think that the UN should be more involved than the US is directly getting into it.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to worry though, the organization (Invisible Children) announced that due to the criticism from their first movie, they will be making a new one to further direct aid away from the real cause.

Back to the bike topics!

(I think everyone agrees with the sentiment of the post directly above this one)

On a side note, I bet Kazzaa wakes up everyday, sees this thread somehow made it back to the top of the list, and just starts banging her head against her monitor praying to the gods that it will just one day die.
:stupidpc:

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I may have been naive to start a conversation about this on here. The more i read on this issue the less i feel like discussing it in public. Although, even after everything i read I'm finding it hard to believe they are total con artists.

Overall hearing everyones thoughts was enlightening so, thanks.

And here is another interesting thought with some comic relief :)

45ed99c8-40f5-e379.jpg

Last edited:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This book was written by a Kenyan-born lady. It's informative, and I often consider its contents before giving money to anyone or anything:

Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa.

http://amzn.com/1553655427

Not specific to the KONY issue, or the organization pushing it, and possibly not even applicable, but interesting point of view for anyone inclined to think about problems in Africa.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, no more personal comments/insults guys. Agree to disagree.
Nobody wants any further action taken so please play nice.

EVERY member needs to re-acquaint themselves with the Forum Site Rules on how to treat other members.

Thank you

Good point Karen but also of note in the rules: No politics discussed here and this is borderline. Couple that rule with the personal attacks and I'd vote to close it, move on and discuss motorcycles. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.