Knocking sound when clutch in and out during shifting

Sg Fazerian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All

Just bought me a 2004 model Fz6s and everything is great except for the problem as per title. It is not the usual changing gears knocking sound rather after you put in 1st gear and you clutch in to 2nd gear and there's a slight knocking sound and also when you clutch in and out, there's a knocking sound same for 2nd to 3rd gear.

Anyone has encounter this problem before? :confused:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A video would help but pulling the clutch does induce a load on the clutch basket. When is the last time the oil was changed and was there any particulate in the pan?

With a long wooden dowel or long screw driver you can probe about with it to your ear and the suspect area. Pin point the area. . . But off hand it doesn't seem normal.

Does it do it cold and does it impair its operation?

Sg Fazerian

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there FinalImpact,

Sorry but I don't have any video to show but oil change and new sprocket and chain was done when I purchased the bike. Didn't get to see if there was any particulate in the pan.

Operation wise all is normal. It's just that when moving off on 1st gear and I clutch in to gear 2 it seems like the clutch plate/housing is a little slow in executing the release thus there was a slight knocking sound and when in gear 2 when I clutch out there's the knocking sound again but seldom the knocking sound on gear 3 and normal for the rest of the gears.

But in between gear 1,2 & 3 when need to slow down and clutch in and out the slight knocking sound persist. Any thoughts?