Killer deal on New York Safety Track (groupon)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I wish I could take advantage....but can't this year.......soon......

I did a track weekend with the Fishtail Riding School of NH at NYST last summer and had a blast. It was my first ever track experience. Thanks for posting this, Erci! I just purchased a 2-day pack.

I did a track weekend with the Fishtail Riding School of NH at NYST last summer and had a blast. It was my first ever track experience. Thanks for posting this, Erci! I just purchased a 2-day pack.

Excellent! Be sure to post here when you know which day(s) you'll be going. Always more fun with good company :thumbup:

Excellent! Be sure to post here when you know which day(s) you'll be going. Always more fun with good company :thumbup:

Will definitely do so. My friend from VT (who I did the first track weekend with) also got in on the deal and I just sent it to some coworker friends.

Just signed up! i hope they got a groupon in the new track in Connecticut

Is that Thompson? Fishtail Riding School has a few events going on there. Motorcycle Track Days and Riding Skills - Fishtail Riding School

I was really impressed with how they ran their show at NYST last summer. I highly suggest learning from those guys. Too bad they aren't coming back to NYST this year. I may end up doing an event at Thompson as well, but it's much farther away from me (and I have no trailer). NYST is only about an hour or so from me, so it's not as big of a deal.

ERCI, do you know if gear / bike rental is possible ?

Sorry, no idea if their own program makes gear / bikes available. Several other schools do track days at the same place and most offer leathers / bikes.. it just won't be as great of a deal.

Sorry, no idea if their own program makes gear / bikes available. Several other schools do track days at the same place and most offer leathers / bikes.. it just won't be as great of a deal.

I might had considered the 5h drive if they would also rent gear and bike. I never tried any track day yet and don't own a full leather yet.

Checkout NYST's website for gear requirements. For novices, I'm pretty sure they allow textile suits so long as the jackets and pants zip together. When I did it last summer with Fishtail, they were okay with that too (and didn't even bother to check for zippers).

Is that Thompson? Fishtail Riding School has a few events going on there. Motorcycle Track Days and Riding Skills - Fishtail Riding School

I was really impressed with how they ran their show at NYST last summer. I highly suggest learning from those guys. Too bad they aren't coming back to NYST this year. I may end up doing an event at Thompson as well, but it's much farther away from me (and I have no trailer). NYST is only about an hour or so from me, so it's not as big of a deal.

yea its thompson. i heard they repaved/ renovated the whole track. all three tracks nyst, thompson, and njmp are roughly < 3 hrs away. Im hoping to go to all three this year.:D

Groupon's refund window is only 7 days after purchase. One of my friends is just outside that window but managed to get them to issue a refund by linking the news article in his request. He'll be doing one of the Thompson, CT events with Fishtail instead. That's a little far for me considering I don't have a trailer, but I could still probably pull that off.

[edit] I just submitted a refund request (I'm around 11 days after purchasing). Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Wow, that was quick. I requested a refund and they issued me one in 11 minutes. Unfortunately, they refunded me in Groupon Bucks tied to my account. Since I don't live in a major metropolitan area I have very limited use of Groupon in general, so I sent them another e-mail asking them to refund my card instead (which I originally asked for). If they don't I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company.

Back