Kids... don't try this at home!

nah, the rear wheel slid out...did he hit the rear brake...or maybe it slid and he chopped the throttle when he felt it (n00b but common mistake according to books!)

yeah...it looks like he hit the rear brake right before he high sided. He came in way too hot though.

He came in hot but it was doable. He wasn't off the seat far enough thus had to lean the bike too far. I'd say he panicked and hitthe rear brake causing the stepout of the rear. Rookie mistake!

First off, this appears to be on the fast side of Palomar Mtn., squid central!
I don't know what part of the video shows application of brakes at all, I can't see it. No brake lights and he left a long darkie on the pavement, maybe just a marginal tire or too high pressure (it's like 4000-5000 feet up there).

It appears to be a heavy throttle hand on a downhill turn with a slow spin, then it bites at the last second. Not really a "newbie" error, just pushing it too hard.

Looks to me like he's grabed to much throttle while trying to pick the front up , only problem is he was to far down..... hence the high side superman impersonation....:don'tknow: just MHO

I don't know what part of the video shows application of brakes at all, I can't see it. No brake lights and he left a long darkie on the pavement, maybe just a marginal tire or too high pressure (it's like 4000-5000 feet up there).

It appears to be a heavy throttle hand on a downhill turn with a slow spin, then it bites at the last second. Not really a \"newbie\" error, just pushing it too hard.

I agree Cali rider.

No visible brake light. Stuck to his line. Max lean, maybe not enough rubber left on the pavement. Tire spin then traction, throwing him into a high side. Homie was smooth up until the point he lost traction. I go with the "not newbie" answer.

It appears to be a heavy throttle hand on a downhill turn with a slow spin, then it bites at the last second. Not really a \"newbie\" error, just pushing it too hard.

I like your analysis, especially taking into consideration the altitude affect on tire traction. Impressive to me.:rockon:

Glad to see he was wearing gear:thumbup:

It looked like he might have known what he was doing.......up until the bike flipped him.

he was going much faster than i could have and looks like the bike got him that time, but to me it looked like he knew what he was doing and was wearing the proper gear, so lucky for him he just hurt his wrist.

I third what Cali and Sqrl have said - he was in full tuck taking that turn very aggressively and confidentally. He committed to it - no pussy there ... No brake light here either. Tire traction loss can happen to the absolute best of riders, especially in an uncontrolled environment like public canyon roads.

That right there folks is what we all fear most- but what we toy with everytime the canyons come a' callin..... scary fun :)

However I do have mixed emotions about him passing that rider coming into a blind short sweeper like that with those speeds. He accelerates to pass - and ultimately hits the turn "hot". His entrance point into the turn while not ridiculous could have been better managed and wider if he was not rolling the inside edge of the lane first. He's initial lean to his left was much more aggressive because of that quick acceleration and cut to the outside, which I think ultimately led to his loss of surface traction on that rear while holding a very aggressive line.

He took it like a man, now needs to take it to a track and ride within his limits.

INK

Back