Just picked up my First FZ6! Very clean.

cpeace

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, just picked up my first fz6. It's a 2006 very clean, I don't think there is a scratch on it. Bought it with only 2,200 miles on it. Paid $3,400 + $100 in gas. I think I got a good one. :)

Now for the pictures!
0C5EFCE5-8D7B-4262-81E8-B3622E9CA649-2386-000000AB7E84D353.jpg

6C8B5F75-3C5A-4A24-A1CF-01C09945D76D-2386-000000AB85A09997.jpg

1AB011F9-D390-4FB3-B16A-448043703A67-2386-000000AB89D84728.jpg

2448A038-4672-4BA0-9B9E-7FBCE6C2FF45-2386-000000AB8DB7FA09.jpg

226752F3-5AAE-456B-A08C-8388BEE36542-2386-000000AB90E44775.jpg

FE1998A7-796D-4430-86E7-689D679E0E2D-2386-000000AB9436AE99.jpg

48315952-81CC-4A67-924E-E1CBB48A96D1-2386-000000AB989B9FDB.jpg

21C1AE10-F8F9-4DD4-B890-8D62CE930972-2386-000000AB9CD8E7ED.jpg

6B5906C1-CA3B-4CA9-9EA2-113185545D74-2386-000000ABA0A3BCAF.jpg

Just got new tires. About 500 miles on them. And it was just serviced as well.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a sharp looking bike.

I would probably replace/flush all fluids asap. When I was looking at bikes the guys at the shops pointed out all the things that can go bad if it sits for too long, especially depending on the climate.

Good luck and have fun, be safe. ATGATT FTW. :thumbup:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, mine looked like that about 38,000 miles ago. Welcome to the forum, if you have a question about how to do something post up, folks here are the best. Search is also your friend as almost anything you can do to the FZ6 has been discussed.

Sco

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats! looks great and you can't beat the mileage.
I agree with the fluid flush and replace, best thing you can do.

cpeace

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice guys! The bike was serviced in September of this year with all the fluids and such. So I think I should be good there. Never hurts to check though.

Someone also said 2nd headlight online? What do you mean by that?

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Great deal. You will just love the motorcycle and this great forum. Fastest blue color too! There's plenty of information on the fourm. Too cool. Ride Safe and Enjoy The Ride!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice guys! The bike was serviced in September of this year with all the fluids and such. So I think I should be good there. Never hurts to check though.

Someone also said 2nd headlight online? What do you mean by that?

Low beam only fires out the left headlight from the factory. If the right side also operates on low beam then it has been modded with an additional harness already.

cpeace

Reaction score
Visit site
Low beam only fires out the left headlight from the factory. If the right side also operates on low beam then it has been modded with an additional harness already.

Oh very nice. I've wondered if that was possible. Would that make both high beam as well when you switch it? Right now I just run with high beams on so that I'm more visible.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Very nice bike for a blue FZ6.:BLAA:

Ask all the dumb questions you can about the bike, like I do.:rockon: This is a great site, with a lot of great people for all kinds of help.:thumbup:

Ride safe, and get good gear.:rockon:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh very nice. I've wondered if that was possible. Would that make both high beam as well when you switch it? Right now I just run with high beams on so that I'm more visible.

You'll get low beam operation from both in addition to high beam (from right only) after modding. Look for the BD43 wiring harness forum thread.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

When you say "all the fluids and such", can you be more specific? Obviously as minimum an oil change would have been good, but did they flush the brake lines and replace with fresh fluid? Did they flush the coolant and replace? These are things that would have gone bad from just sitting there and could have easily been overlooked.

cpeace

Reaction score
Visit site
When you say "all the fluids and such", can you be more specific? Obviously as minimum an oil change would have been good, but did they flush the brake lines and replace with fresh fluid? Did they flush the coolant and replace? These are things that would have gone bad from just sitting there and could have easily been overlooked.

Oh ok. That makes sense. The service report says it was just spark plugs and an oil change with filter that was done. How difficult would it be to flush the other two?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh ok. That makes sense. The service report says it was just spark plugs and an oil change with filter that was done. How difficult would it be to flush the other two?

How difficult it is depends on how mechanically inclined you are and/or how adventurous you'd like to be. Flushing and bleeding the brakes can be a little tricky if you've never done it before, so I'd ask a friend locally who's done it before to help you so you can learn. The coolant is reasonably easy in my opinion.

If you haven't done so, there is a pdf version of the shop service manual available. I'd download that and start to read the sections you are interested in. It's a great resource to have at your disposal as is this forum. Lots of DIY guides written on here.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum cpeace......

I have a very odd question for you.....Did I see this bike at Red Robin last night on Academy Blvd. close to Chapel Hills????

cpeace

Reaction score
Visit site
How difficult it is depends on how mechanically inclined you are and/or how adventurous you'd like to be. Flushing and bleeding the brakes can be a little tricky if you've never done it before, so I'd ask a friend locally who's done it before to help you so you can learn. The coolant is reasonably easy in my opinion.

If you haven't done so, there is a pdf version of the shop service manual available. I'd download that and start to read the sections you are interested in. It's a great resource to have at your disposal as is this forum. Lots of DIY guides written on here.

Ok thank you for the info! Any chance you might have a link to this PDF?

:welcome: to the forum cpeace......

I have a very odd question for you.....Did I see this bike at Red Robin last night on Academy Blvd. close to Chapel Hills????

Haha yes you did. Welcome to my place of employment for the last 6.5 years.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a copy of the 2007 service manual and owners manual if you can't find the other one.

I was told by the guys at my shop that when doing the coolant you can follow the directions in the manual or just loosen the hose that is at the lowest point and drain into a bucket. Flush with a half gallon of distilled water (must be distilled) and fill with the 2 liters (slightly more of coolant). I elected to use Yamacool because it was a 60/40 (glycol) blend specific for yamaha engines and not the typical 50/50 blend. Also the coolant should say something about being safe for aluminum engines if you use something different than YamaCool.

Do not buy the Yamaha Prediluted Coolant for Racing Engines as this is for track day applications.

For the brakes, the guy at the shop suggested a tool that will bleed the brakes more effectively. He said if you bleed the breaks incorrectly and there is a bubble then you could lose breaking power in a bad way. I didn't touch mine and was going to just have them do it after that. When it comes to engine/transmission damage I'll risk me doing the service. But, when it comes to my potential safety I won't mess with it.

I don't know if you thought about this as well but lube the Clutch Cable. I just bought a little kit for $20 and followed a video on youtube. It was messy but fairly easy and I noticed an improvement in my clutch pull

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking sharp there, man! That's the same year and color I have. It sounds like you got a deal on it, too. I've got the same issue with the headlights, but I figured I'd address that when I buy the conversion kit to go naked, this winter. Enjoy the ride, and welcome to the forum! :thumbup: