Just picked up a 2007 brand new FZ6 have a question on what I paid for it.

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, new to the bike but new to riding and just bought a brand new zero miles 2007 FZ6 for my wife, my question is do you think I paid too much? I paid $6300. for it. I know msrp back in 2007 was $6800. and some change. But this is the only bike that she really like over everything we looked at. So tell me all did I pay too much?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

I think you paid several hundred dollars too much, but if it's what you like and you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters.

:needpics:

Anarchy

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my 08 last March I found a dealer that had an 07 for 6300 but I ended up talking another dealer into selling me the 08 for 6400. You might have been able to drop that price a bit.

W

wrightme43

Well its one of those moot points now. I paid 6k taxes and all for my 07 in 07. Does it matter? Nope not a bit as the papers are signed.

Hook her up with some frame sliders first thing though.

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
I figured it might be a little high, I kinda thought I shouldn't have jumped on it so fast.

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
Was one of the things I was going to buy next was frame sliders any recommendations on brand?

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
KBB value for an 07 is around 5300, but that's assuming it has some miles on it. Buying any new 600 cc bike for 6300 is a pretty good deal.

-Nick-

W

wrightme43

Just dont get the solid machined aluminum ones. I crash tested those and didnt like them. LOL

I have the cheapy derlin extended length ones from ebay. They are fine. Anything will help.

The super hightech set now has a bit of shock absorbtion built in as part of the base. Spendy though.

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I guess all that matters is how happy she is with it. She was on cloud 9 all night long. Nothing I guess I could do now since we signed everything yesterday. Thanks for all the info. guys.

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay anybody know if I can get out of a signed deal LOL :( I wish there was a smilie of the guy hitting his head against the wall.

Last edited:

Fishmac

Reaction score
Visit site
The price of a bike includes a number of different factors with location being a big one - fees being another.

If they charged you $6300 but then tacked on a hefty freight and setup charge, it's not that great a deal. However, if $6300 was the true bottom line and all you had to do is pay the taxman the extra 6% or so, you did just fine.

The bottom line is, the dealership has to stay in business, and in order to do that, they need to make some profit on most everything that goes out the door. If you like the salesperson and the dealership, then by all means, buy the bike there - and make them take good care of you after the sale too!

I know it doesn't really fit during these tough times, but "hey, it's only money!" You're helping the economy!!

Fishmac

Reaction score
Visit site
port yamaha in port washington wisconsin

See ... that's what I'm talking about ... It's not quite riding season here in the midwest and some dealers are willing to deal to move product, some aren't.

JF's info says he's from St Paul and he got the bike in Port Washington ... gotta be at least 3.5 - 4.5 hrs one way.

JF, did you trailer the bike back?

W

wrightme43

Well I guess all that matters is how happy she is with it. She was on cloud 9 all night long. Nothing I guess I could do now since we signed everything yesterday. Thanks for all the info. guys.

Dude its no big deal. Your wife is happy. Just let it be. If your wife is happy, you are happy. Man you have a woman that wants to ride, thats worth way more than money anyway. Just enjoy it and forget totally about the rest. Thats my advice.