Just call me Britney...

Brilliant work, Scott! :thumbup:
I'm sort of doing the same thing with R6 now. It was relatively clean .. from a distance, but same thing with rear wheel all gunked up and various parts which have never been cleaned/maintained.

Finished and ready for sale

Well, winter has been brutal this year and has given me plenty of time for my projects. We finally had a nice enough day to get the bike out in the sunshine, washed & waxed, and ready for a photo shoot.

Again, another great project. Bike runs like a champ and is going to make someone a nice bike ready for another 10K miles before needing anything. Expect to see a classified listing in the next few days (keep it in mind if you or someone you know are looking for a nice FZ).

I'll stop blabbing now I promise :)

Before:

After:

\

^^ Very nice!
Q? I missed the shock sale, how did the bike ride with that Penske shock on there? Also, is it fair to say that sprocket had 23,XXX miles on it? And how did the front look?

Thanks and Great work!

^^ Very nice!
Q? I missed the shock sale, how did the bike ride with that Penske shock on there? Also, is it fair to say that sprocket had 23,XXX miles on it? And how did the front look?

Thanks and Great work!

Thank you very much!

The bike was much more composed with the Penske installed; No more "pogoing". It probably helped that is was sprung for near my weight range as well. Long story short; definitely a worthwhile investment.

As for the sprockets; they were actually just replaced before I bought the bike. That photo of the rear wheel is a little deceiving; the black color is merely a significant coating of cheap chain lube. Grunge brush, some WD-40, and it was good as new! Same goes for the front.

Back