Just bought my FZ6

Congratulations. My Fazer is my first Yamaha as well. I love it! I hope your's brings you many miles/years of safe, carefree enjoyment.
Deer whistles...on a bike! Hmmmm? I will say this: On a car I know they work. I bumped a deer once, many years ago. Since then, I had five close calls in as many weeks but after installing a set under my front bumper I have never had a single close call since, (in over three years)!
I had not considered them on my bike but on my first (Fazer) night ride I nearly nailed a (very lucky) deer! He came out of nowhere as quick as a flash and if he were slower or I was faster he would have caught me about head-high! If someone laughs, let them laugh - a deer at any speed on a bike could be deadly! If you live in an area where there are deer, (like I do), perhaps it may be a wise mod? (Where are your's located?)
BTW: If you start worrying about your transmission "clunking" when you change gears - don't! We all not only get used to it, we are sort of addicted to it! Safe riding!

You know,this bike, as stock as it is, is still "too nice" for a rider like me. I don't "deserve" such a nice ride.

I'm actually still blown away you can buy a used FZ6, that's THIS GOOD for less than half the MRSP of a new one. It's like...why would I spend more?

I sold it for like $300.00. I have zero mechanical skills and would have had to throw more good money after bad. The starter motor replacement on a SECA II is difficult because it's inside the engine.

I decided to stick with a low mileage, late model fuel injected bike. It came down to this or an SV650 and I'm glad I stuck with the FZ6.

$300.... I'm gonna cry now... love the Seca II styling.... all the used ones here are way overpriced..... might as well go newer than pay that much.
But , as maybe you can tell, I'm a sucker for older bikes :)

Funny, everyone who likes this type of bike seems to narrow down the the FZ and the SV
That's what's dominating my short list as well

Mine had actually been street-fighter'd. No fairings, I installed a Trailtech Vapor digital speedo/tach (I still have it, took it off before selling), and it had a single round headlight. It looked pretty good, and it rode pretty well when it was working.

However, it doesn't hold a candle to the FZ6. The SECA could take as long as 5-8 minutes to warm up, often I'd start riding with the choke half out and then push it in once I was going.

Heh, a lot of the old Yammi's were notoriously cold blooded, but mainly because they are set up lean from the factory, a bit of carb tuning, rich up the mixture, and that could be easily cured..
FJ's/Seca II's also a needle shim kit helped that issue a lot as well

Back