Ive been tempted..i might defect (again)

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I love the FZ6! I love its sportyness and its versatillity but im a big guy 6"7' and its just a bit uncomfortable on longer journeys ..and the TL i only bought to satisfy a whim (completley unsuited to my size)

Sooo, heres the carrot... a 2007 XL1000v (Vearadero) ..low miles ample storage and a proven engine (SP2 v-twin familly)

i test rode it all afternoon and i disnt want to give it back ..the torque is addictive..its not TL1000 torque but for such a big bike it feels very agile and willing.. ialways thought if i went back to an upright bike again it would be another motard..but this makes so much more sence

trading in my TL and FZ6 will leave me a few hundred short but i think they will do a straight swap if pushed...im really tempted by this

clicking the pic will open up the details

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
(Speaking as an american, where they've never sold these things) WHOA... looks like a cross between a big TransAlp and a VFR Interceptor.

...and also a lot like the V-Strom. Hmm.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
(Speaking as an american, where they've never sold these things) WHOA... looks like a cross between a big TransAlp and a VFR Interceptor.

...and also a lot like the V-Strom. Hmm.

the strom is probably its closest rival..i think this is better looking

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a member on the XRV forum and they are rated well for touring,but to be honest,as good as it is,it looks like a bus. :(

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
unless you are tall enough to flat foot it forget it. it is a very heavy bike, very good at its job mind but my friend has one, he is very tall and suits him well and he loves it..but it s not the first time it tumbled down while parking it. you cant manhandle it alone.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah..im under no illusions on the looks..it aint ever gonna win a beauty contest..but function before form wise its the perfect bike for me ..the only "real world" negative ive read about it is its weight, but i was able to throw it round with almost the same confidence as my old DRZ400sm its got a massive fuel tank range 220-250 Miles, its fast (130 on the test ride) and its comfortable..my only complaints were nose diving when breaking and the combined breaking system..didnt like that at all

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
as your a big chap,have you considered the KTM 950SM?

The same money as the Vara,will get you this,same year, with 3K on the clock.;)

950.jpg

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
It wouldnt last a week where i live ..thats why i got rid of the DRZ

Thats a shame,they really are excellent bikes,tour,scratch the lot.And as you know the oe parts are second to none.

Pity certain people can't get it in their thick heads,we have to go out and earn what we've got..........

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah..tonnes of the little scrotes around my way..anything with a high mud guard gets all the wrong attention..i'd have one in heartbeat otherwise

Last edited:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Now, that is ugly....

You must be insane. That is one of the sexiest bikes out there!

I love the KTM's even though they are odd. The Honda is ok, but .... it's a HONDA!!! FAIL! Honda's are like bellybuttons.... everyones got one and if you play with it, you'll have a stinky finger..... ??? (I dunno. LOL)

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Fugly is in the eye of the beholder. I kind of like it and way more comfy than the KTM.
For what you want to do it looks like a wise choice. I'd bet the fit and finish of the Honda is way better than a Suzuki.

PS...Damn, you guys get such a better bike selecton than we have in the states

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I just think the KTM's from the front are awful.

Maybe the orange doesn't help.

Much prefer a sexy Yami....

I do prefer a Yami :thumbup:

I think a KTM would be a fun second bike, but only the Adventure 990 would be able to keep up with most of my riding, but would leave me wanting more in the handling department.

The Honda looks useful but that color scheme is kinda weird.