It's official- I've lost everything!

J

jsteinb95

The bikes and the truck are going repo! I will be filing for bankruptcy next week. I'm partially doing it because I can't afford it and also to get the hell outta this house!!! The only thing I have to take with me is a refrigerator, dishes, one bed for Seth (son) and our clothes. We have no bed, TV, table, couch......NOTHING!

So, I might try to sell some stuff on here (helmets, jackets, boots etc...), or I might just take it to ebay.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
The bikes and the truck are going repo! I will be filing for bankruptcy next week. I'm partially doing it because I can't afford it and also to get the hell outta this house!!! The only thing I have to take with me is a refrigerator, dishes, one bed for Seth (son) and our clothes. We have no bed, TV, table, couch......NOTHING!

So, I might try to sell some stuff on here (helmets, jackets, boots etc...), or I might just take it to ebay.

Man this really sucks. What did I miss? How did all this happen so quickly?

J

jsteinb95

Man this really sucks. What did I miss? How did all this happen so quickly?

You didn't really miss anything....

I can't find a freaking job....I've filled out about 100 apps. Danny's hours keep getting cut. We still have this guy in our house in the desert and we've been using that money towards bills, but I think it's getting close where the mortgage company is going to "take" the house. I absolutely hate my dad and want out of here before I beat the sh*t out of him! He's been "trying" to steal from me. :mad: Yeah, because he's a f**king thief and it doesn't matter if you're family or not, he'll f**k you over.

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the feeling. My FZ was repo'd in December, but BMW is mine. My bankruptcy is probably gonna be May, after we get moved, so this house can go into it. It can only get better....

FalloutMan

Reaction score
Visit site
wow I must be disconnected from the real world. I didnt know so many people were going bankrupt. suddenly Im extremely glad im in the military. Well good luck to you guys cuze your gunna need it.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You didn't really miss anything....

I can't find a freaking job....I've filled out about 100 apps. Danny's hours keep getting cut. We still have this guy in our house in the desert and we've been using that money towards bills, but I think it's getting close where the mortgage company is going to "take" the house. I absolutely hate my dad and want out of here before I beat the sh*t out of him! He's been "trying" to steal from me. :mad: Yeah, because he's a f**king thief and it doesn't matter if you're family or not, he'll f**k you over.

Bloody Hell J ,I had no idea it was that bad over there.Keep your chin up and we will be thinking of you.Don't be afraid to ask for help :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

Hey Janette, I tried to call you. Give me a call if you get a chance. Its 10 here though so I am about to go to bed.

Steve

W

wrightme43

This crap sucks. Every thing is closing down here too. I know a few people that have worked for over a month without a paycheck, just hoping to get paid in the end. A huge plant here that makes seats for the Camry, is shutting down. Monday the workers are to start training people from Mexico how to use the equiptment, then it will close the equiptment is moving to Mexico and they get 800$ severance pay.

Damn it. This sucks.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This crap sucks. Every thing is closing down here too. I know a few people that have worked for over a month without a paycheck, just hoping to get paid in the end. A huge plant here that makes seats for the Camry, is shutting down. Monday the workers are to start training people from Mexico how to use the equiptment, then it will close the equiptment is moving to Mexico and they get 800$ severance pay.

Damn it. This sucks.

I know what you mean Steve.Over here a lot of the big company's are letting people go,the smaller ones not so much as they run pretty close to the bone already.

Apologies for the :hijack:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh no! J I am so, so sorry to hear this.

Jobs are okay/so-so in TX. Restaurants are hiring at $12.00 and there are some ads on the radio for openings too. Many of the Mexicans have moved back to Mexico so there are opening in service.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you find this thread in the future, when you are posting about the new bike you just bought look back and smile as you think about how you made it through!! :thumbup: Good luck to you!

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
There's 15% unemployment in J's area. There was a job fair yesterday. The companies that came were offering ~100 jobs. 15,000 people showed. In SoCal, 1 in 10 homes are in danger of being foreclosed on. Economic stimulation needs to happen quickly for our area.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh my God, J, that is terrible. I cannot even imagine what this is like. I lost everything once, but I didn't have much to lose. I'm so sorry.

Is the silver lining that it's finally all over and you get a fresh start?

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
What a terrible situation. My recommendation? Get the hell out of California. I never liked the place. Not the people; it's just the system gone wrong. Go to Arizona. Go to Texas. Go to Washington. Go anywhere. Get the hell out of California.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's 15% unemployment in J's area.

thats NUTS.

and at J:

I was speaking to a very knowledgeable person who was very informed (i.e. reliable source) who told me the average person can afford to go bankrupt THREE times before they are 35 and still end up very affluent. Many well-to-do people went backrupt AT LEAST once in their lives. you are still young enough to tear **** up.

you'll be fine. just be SMART and ACTIVE and GO HARD!!!!!

don't get down.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What a terrible situation. My recommendation? Get the hell out of California. I never liked the place. Not the people; it's just the system gone wrong. Go to Arizona. Go to Texas. Go to Washington. Go anywhere. Get the hell out of California.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully things will turn around for the better. I agree with Raid, maybe a change in scenery wouldn't be such a bad idea. Arizona, Colorado, maybe somewhere west. Hope the family is doing well, how's Danny? Haven't seen him on the forum for a while.

J

jsteinb95

Thanks all.

I wanted to move to colorado a while ago, but Danny won't leave california because of the weather.

I want to try and stay here for the kids. I can't keep taking them out of school and now they're in sports. I think it would wear them down.

Mick, I can not ask for any help. You all have already helped me so much!

I've gone bankrupt when I was 18. I know that sounds crazy, but it was actually Danny's debt (he was 25), since we're married and all, it went on my credit. We bought a vehicle shortly after and got 21% interest! So, we've been through this crap and here we are again, 8 years later. The only difference now, is that it's $2000 to file, instead of $600 in 2001.

I am thankful that I still have my husband and my kids. As long as I am with them, I think I'll be ok.

Kenny, Danny's doing ok. :)