Its HOT, dont let you bike fall over ;)

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a plate I got for free at a bike show that I try to keep with me.

I've also always put it up on the center stand when it's a hot day out and I'm parking on pavement. I see the marks from where they have sunk in, but it didn't tip over. Maybe I've just been lucky up to this point.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, but they'd have to put up with a screaming alarm and me running out after them after the pager alerts me to the alarm going off. :D

I'd really only be using it at work anyways, and it's a quiet area, and the moto is out of street view most of the time anyways. Now in a shopping or other public parking area, no way would I use it. Kids are not the sort of thing I want gravitating towards my moto. "Oh! Looky! A stuffed animal!" LOL

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
So since we have centerstands on the fz6. Would that prevent this type of thing?

I havent even used my center stand yet.

It can happen with a kickstand, too. I once had a 1976 BMW R75 and back then no one ever used the sidestand as they were spring loaded and tended to retract at the slightest bump, so I always used the centerstand. I once parked it in front of a fast food restaurant and when I came out it was laying on it's side. The asphalt under the stand was soft and the stand sank in unevenly and the bike tipped over. What often happens is oil dropped by cars and trucks dissolves the asphalt and makes it soft. Since then I make sure the stand sits on firm asphalt, not soaked with oil. Better yet, use a sidestand puck or crushed soda can.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
VERY common problem in Perth.

We can hit 45'C in summer - the tarmac/asphalt would be even hotter.

I ALWAYS make sure there is something under my bike stand.

:D