It was a bit windy yesterday

woah!! crash bungs fitted i hope???

I've just replaced one myself from the previous owner. Luckily R&G supply them singular.

yeah, no damage to my bike apart from a rear indicator which has stopped working

the other guy's bike sufferred a bit more, but at least the scratches on the left of his bike match the right...

Sorry to hear about your bike Greg. Hope it won't cost too much to put right. You guys have really been taking the brunt of the weather, it's been pretty windy around these parts as well, and that's after the Uk has sheltered us from the worst :eek:

Lame, dude! Mine went for a kip just after Christmas. My office creates a huge wind tunnel.
Luckily had crush mushrooms on. The impact loosened a lot of the crap stuck to the chain and sprockets, which bought to my attention that it needed a damn good scrub.

Scares the hell out of me leaving out there after that.

Bummer! Glad all is well tho!

PS - cleaning the bike was not the first thing on my mind when mine took a dirt nap. :(

yeah, no damage to my bike apart from a rear indicator which has stopped working

the other guy's bike sufferred a bit more, but at least the scratches on the left of his bike match the right...

That's pretty damned jammy given the weight of the sodding thing Blah

Glad it's only the indicator, fairing damage would have been far worse on the old bank balance.

I don't see a center stand. So the wind was so powerfull to tip the bike even when it was leaning on the side stand?

I don't see a center stand. So the wind was so powerfull to tip the bike even when it was leaning on the side stand?

I'm impressed by how strong the wind has been. This is how mine looked back in December. The wind kicked it straight off the side stand!

rD0gR33.jpg

Last edited:

yep, had to angle it in the direction of the wind when I got it upright, as it wanted to blow over again!

I think the VFR was on it's side stand too. We had winds up to ~120-150km/h

Back