Is your FZ6.......

Is your FZ6 paid for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Paid Cash, got a great deal on bike....first bike ever bought without finance, also newset bike ever bought, first reg was jan 07, had only 8oookm's on it, with 9 months factory warranty, in mint condition, and paid $8000. For a new, FZ6N the price is $11000 in Australia.

Bike also came with genuine centre stand, and rear hugger, which are not included in purchase of new fz6n in Australia.

The feeling of knowing it is fully insured and that i dont owe the bank money is awesome!

And at $8000 this was doable, but best bit is, i have all the bike i could ever want. And yes, i did have to "save" for a little while.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I financed 3/4 of the bike. My savings account is doing slightly better than the interest I'm paying on the bike loan. I'll pay it off with a windfall like a bonus or something just to get rid of the payment but until then financing is a better option than paying it off.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to sound like a rich kid now (which I'm not BTW)...haha...but when I finished my degree in the finest college in Ireland (naturally!! :p) and got accepted to do a PhD my dad highlighted the fact that there was a secret bank account in my name...so yes, my bike is fully paid for! :)

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Started my payments in January of 2008, the $69.00 a month thing. Should have it paid for in 18 months. Just got the title for my 2001 Ford Expedition, no truck payment!:rockon:

JeffrosFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine with the chineese payment plan... "1 lump sum"
(cash)

dont like financing anything... well except the house of course.

The finance girl sure gave me a weird look when I whipped it out (money) and laid it on the table.

haha

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Paid Cash $6400.00 OTD for a new 07

picture.php

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont mind sharing a bit about myself. Life has always been a bit rough for me, and although my life latey has been for the best, there was a time when I was knee deep in debt. I had to finally bankrupt and it wasnt an easy thing to do, but its been over 5 years since now. Since my credit was in the tank pretty much, I took a secured loan against some CD's. I figured I could pay cash, and not to much to worry about, but I wanted my credit back up there. So when wifey and I buy a house I wont drag us down. I thought since the CD were drawing interest anyway, I could hitch a loan against them, I got a 6% loan on the cash for my bike. It was an easy decision, pull out 7k and just pay it off, or make low monthly payments and give it a few years, it'll be paid off, with some interest paid, but plus on my credit. Thats the first loan I have had since I dont know when, and it feels good to finally be back in the black again. for all sakes and purpose, the title is in my hand so I dont have a lean on the bike, so if thats paid off, well hehe I hope I wasnt lying.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
cash .... I do not finance toys...

I am currently shopping for a new bike (bicycle that is):mikebike:

it will be a tandem ( that is a bicycle built for 2 not a birth control device) and will cost about 2 grand more than the FZ6:eek::mikebike::eek:

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Put the $2000 down payment on the credit card in January to get the points, then paid that off right away. Then saved up and paid cash for the balance when I picked it up in April (shop wouldn't take a credit card for the balance, so I couldn't get any more points).