Is this a good deal on this fz6?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If its in excellent condition as described, well maintained offer them 3000 but if the bike Is as described the. I'd say it's worth every penny

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it will need a chain and sprockets, they are about due any way. The rear tire looks like it's beginning to square too. I agree, shoot for $3,000. Good luck!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll need the whole kit, front and rear sprockets and chain. Budget $175 to $250, depends on the quality. That said, OEM lasts forever.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I would prefer the bike 2006 and up since it would have the black frame versus the silver and a different shade of blue. And there was a significant change on the fairing and instrument clusters from '07 and on. Click on the link below, but skip towards the latter part of the thread since it will include the most recent purchases.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/main...3-how-much-did-you-spend-your-fz6-7200-a.html

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in September, I paid $2950 for a 2006 with 7400 miles. It needed new tires.

I'm in the Houston area, where it had been for sale for a couple of months with no takers. Based on what I paid, I'd say the bike you're looking at might be a bit high, so it all depends how desperate you are.

Last edited:

camron1039

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up an 08 FZ6 Friday with 3065 miles on it for $3500. That said, I'd look around a bit. Plenty in my area around 4,000 bucks, newer and with less miles.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
i think im going to try to take a look at it some time this week and see if its in as good a condition as he says its in. my main concern is the miles, what am i looking at as far as major service goes for this mileage?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
the big deal to me is that it appears stock. you guys might disagree with me, but its worth a lot more, to me, if its stock because you know for the most part that the previous owner hasn't screwed with it too much. i dont trust most mechanics let alone some Joe Schmo that decides he want his bike to go faster. that peace of mind alone, to me, makes it a better deal. +1 on the shoot for $3k tho.

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
i think im going to try to take a look at it some time this week and see if its in as good a condition as he says its in. my main concern is the miles, what am i looking at as far as major service goes for this mileage?

I believe the valve adjustment interval is recommended at 26,000, and costs several hundred dollars. I hope someone more knowledgeable will chime in. I haven't yet done mine, or paid to have them done.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that mileage is right on but I have yet to hear of anyone who actually had to have their valves adjusted at that time, they all checked out fine.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
2005 with 16,500 miles I paid $3000 with a new set of tires....
I would start at like $2800 and go no higher then $3000 :thumbup:

soupflakes

Reaction score
Visit site
On this note, anyone have any input what I should be paying for an 08? Stock, about 5000 miles. I'm looking at about 3 of them and asking prices range from 3900 to 4500, and they are all identical, 5-7k miles. Honestly I can't pay more than 4000 for a new bike. Any thoughts? What have other people gotten? Thanks.

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Feb 11, 2011 I paid $2900 for my 06' with 5500 miles no mods and other than needing a rear tire was in perfect shape. Found it on Annapolis MD craigslist.

If you don't get this one put an 07'+ at the top of your list. If I knew then the differences between 06'-07' i would have held out!

Have patience and search CL everyday till "your bike" is posted!

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds high to me. In August 2011, I paid $2600 for this 2005 with 8k miles. It came with a Corbin seat and a Throttlemeister. The bike was never down and it seems to have been well maintained. I hope this helps. :thumbup:
IMAG0336.jpg