Is the FZ6 the best bike you have owned, ridden???

Is the FZ6 the best bike you have owned, ridden???

• Yes!

Votes: 164 68.3%
  • No!

Votes: 76 31.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
im gonna have to say ninja 650r it's a little less power, but SO much fun to drive, although i dind't own it, but by far my fav to drive :)
:BLAA:

06Fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
ive only owned my bike for 2 weeks and it had bald tires when i got it so i got a set of Pilot Powers so ill really get to put it in some corners, but i have had 01 R6 04 R6 06 Gsxr 600 ridden new R6's F4I's my dads old 636, and he currently has a Sv650 and Vstrom too, i can honestly say that out of all the bikes it is my favorite for hte sheer fact that is comfortable and all around does everything good.

amanlisman

Reaction score
Visit site
Just 2 bikes to my honour:

A Honda Seven-Fifty from 1996 (Night Shadow I think you call it stateside...), great torque, smooth ride, lots of chrome, lovely quiet humming sound BUT heavy, old suspension, not great around town. My memory is of a sore ass and the wrong knee flexion on longer trips. But for that, I wouldn't mind getting another one for those lazy cruising around days.

By comparison, the FZ6 is light, comfortable, perfect riding position for me, great looks, super digital-display speed counter (I've the 2004 version) BUT clunky gear change and not much mid-range torque.

Difficult to say if it's the best, that's almost a philosophical conundrum. I can imagine better... Possibly the best fuel economy (that's important when you're paying 1,50 euros for a litre of fuel :D) power ratio available in today's choice of bikes.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Learnt to ride on a Honda Amigo in 1968 at a Honda day out at Wallan in Victoria Australia. Rode the Honda mini 50cc 3 speed auto for a while.
a few home made bikes with Villiers motors, dodgy clutches and lawn mower throttles, oh, nd no brakes.
when I was about 16 in '76, and for a couple of years thereafter, i rode a Honda TL125( it could climb trees).
In about1982 I bought a Honda(again) XR200 and continued to ride the dirt for about 5 years then sold the bike for a nice lounge suite, which I still have half of.
Got back onto a Honda in 2009 this time on the road, a VTR 250.
last week took delivery of/graduated to the fz6n.
Thought at first it was massive, big, too powerful for me, but still I had seen one (yellow), that I wanted from the get go. took it for a ride a two weeks ago last Wednesday, took it home on the following Saturday.
I am getting used to it more everyday, and I love it more every day.
I will get some pics up, maybe this w/end. Its brand spanking, no mods, and at the moment I like it just the way it is.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i have to say that the fz is not the "best" i have ridden, but is a damn fine bike for sure and mostyly for me (6'3'' and not a feather) the room, mostly the leg room for me is the biggest gripe. power wise i could last for a long time on that.. there is plenty without beeing toooo much.

i do however like my tiger a bit better.. more room, taller/longer suspension soaks up the bigger bumps a bit better) and has that awsome 1050 triple growl. and power.. and i can still get her as sporty as i really need to be..

the wife loves the fz (she has only ridden a rebel 250 before and the fz is lowered and modded to fit her a little better to)

i have ridden

87 honda intercepter very briefly
03 honda 919 (first street bike, bought new.)
05 triumph tiger 955i (bought with 1500 miles as a demo bike)
07 fz6 (got ahold of it @ about 2500 miles, and now the wife is riding it, upgrading her from the reble)
08 triumph tiger 1050 (got because the wife "took over" the fz)

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted no to the poll for a simple reason.... I've tried a GSX-R1000k8.
Before I went out on it I was told this and that about the power and I had to be careful and so forth..
But instead it turns out to be a gentle giant with perfect throttle response and setup, it was an absolute dream to ride. Definitely the best bike i've ever ridden..

Now if we stick to motorcycles i've owned(3 bikes) then the FZ6 takes the price as best allrounder.
My first bike(SV650N 04) takes the price for best experience, with thrashing a ZX6-R on a backroad, while my poor bike was still limited to 25kw:rockon:
And a old Z650(1976), which I received when i traded my SV for the FZ6, takes the price for most scary ride of my life :eek: Got sold to a salvage guy pretty quickly, and made a small profit.

PS.
Bikes ridden(not owned): DL650, RSV1000(2001), R1(2000), Z1300 with DFI(there is a proper bike), Z750(2004), GSX1400, GSR600, GSX-R1000K8..

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, my sarcasm didn't convey over the web very well. The bike is always sexy, but the long riding was no fun at all. I rode into a strong wind the whole way down which made it even worse. I think I gained a neck size during the trip.

Did a 1200km highway trip at an average of 140km/h over two days to see GP in Assen on my SV650N.. Had a bad neck for a week after. At least you learn a bit about aerodynamics when you try to fold yourself around your bike to minimize the resistance :D

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
I would have to say no. Although the FZ6 was my first bike and will always hold a very special place in my heart, I wouldn't trade my FJR1300 back for it...

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
thankfully, no, there is no perfect bike. I've had cb, drz, gs and now fz, and they're all great. please cease production of perfect bikes immediately so I can ride more imperfect examples !!!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to go with no.

I've only owned or ridden two bikes -- an FZ6 and FZ1 -- but between the two I like the 1 so much more.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
it is the only bike I have owned but I have ridden many... and it is still my favorite to throw a leg over.... especially as a daily rider... I will never sell my bike... I do plan on buying others and may sell those but i will own my fz til it dies and then fix it and ride it some more...

Darken Dioxen

Reaction score
Visit site
This is my Third bike, second that made it on the street for very long,

Had a '79 (I think) Honda CB750
1982 Yamaha Seca 550

And the FZ6 is WAY the best...but I love the hell out of my Seca, a nice little predecessor to the FZ6...and was the bike Ted McGinnley rode in "Revenge of the Nerds" So you now it has to be cool!

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
no
I had a V-Max a few years back and it was my all time favorite.
The FZ6 comes in second. It too is a good machine.

Vertigo

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only owned two motorcycles (my FZ6 and my GS500) and I have only been able to ride one other (Harley 1200 Custom Sportster). That means the FZ6 has been my hands down favorite bike to throw a leg over so far. I get a great overall mixture of performance, comfort, and versatility out of this bike(plus, I fell in love with the look haha).

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
3 years ago I bought my FZ6... first bike - so I can easily vote YES.
Only other 2 bikes I have ever riden was an older Suzuki GS500 and a brand new Honda 500 something (school bikes 4 years ago).

Saw the FZ8 mentioned a few times where you guys questioned if it was interesting or not. Saw a Danish review few days ago where it was put up against the Suzuki GSR 750. They matched eachother on so many points that the guys testing them started to get bored. GSR won with a slighty better engine. I doubt that I will ever "step up" to the FZ8... it's going to be something else.

Chris_D

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive held off voting on this thread for a long time, but having just traded my 2006 FZ6 for a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST it has made me realise it is easy to have rose coloured glasses on when you are satisfied with your ride.

OK, the thing is, I don't even think the Sprint is the better bike. I still think the BMW F650 was the most versatile, comfortable, economical etc etc bike I have ever owned.

The FZ6 was fast enough (had a top end close to what my Sprint does) but didn't have the power I like. Otherwise it was a great commuter, great weekender, great sporty with my mates etc, but not a good tourer (for real touring, which is why Ive gone for the big Sprint).

Probably one of the best bikes Ive ever owned, and if I could justify having multiple bikes I would have one for the fun of it.

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For me its a yes. Deffinately a jack of all trades, master of none. Im fairly random when it comes to my riding and how I want to ride. I might leave the house, planning to do a quick run through some twisties, and end up arriving back at home 5 hours later, and 200 more miles on the clock, kinda like today. The FZ6 to me, cannot be beat for the price. Good, powerful, seamingly durable engine. Excellent, lightweight handling. Good comfort, yet still sporty enough to get down on her hard in the corners and throw a knee out there. Good wind protection, for those long jaunts. To top it all off for me, it looks great as well. Nice sharp lines, very aggressive, looks like it is ready to eat up some pavement and look for more.

Its not a full on sportbike when it comes to speed and cornering ability. Its not as comfortable as a heavier sport tourer. Its not as easy to commute on as a smaller engine, lighter weight bike. But it can do all of these things well enough to put a smile on my face :)

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
For me, yes, but I haven't ridden alot of bikes. I think the FZ6 is bike which is all about balance.

It is powerful enough to run with pretty fast bikes on the street, countryside, twisties, but no so powerful that it is impossible to ride in rain. It is light and nimble, but heavy enough to feel stable running down the freeway ay 75mph. It is middle of the road for fuel economy, comfort, screen coverage and many things.

This makes it a great commuter, lightweight touring, sport riding machine. It is not single purposed or even dual purposed. It is at home loaded down for a daily commute as it is empty for weekend sport rides. It can go to the track, but is lacking compared to racer replicas.

I like this trait, so it is a fun best bike for me. I think a VFR800 might be better, but I don't know. Some bigger bikes like the Triumph 1050 or FJ1300 might be better, but you get some of the big bike hassle also.

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
fz is first followed closely by my 1978 kawi csr 650. Clip ons, kirker 4 into 1 and rear sets. Thought I'd never replace the kawi but I was wrong. My fz just does it all and does it well. Now if we could get the cut off eliminator set up I would have the perfect bike.