Is my rear shock ruined?

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
The manual says never to go from 1 to 7 or 7 to 1. Well, the rear pre-load cranked from 7 to 1, to 2 then 3.

IS the rear shock ruined?

I don't think you could ruin it like that really. I would just see how it feels in the next few days and look for oil leakage.

All you do when you adjust it is make the spring stiffer or looser. To damage the internals I would think you would have to slam into a pothole to really distress anything. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

The manual says never to go from 1 to 7 or 7 to 1. Well, the rear pre-load cranked from 7 to 1, to 2 then 3.

IS the rear shock ruined?

I wasn't aware of this at all :eek: I have been adjusting my shock clockwise only (meaning slamming it from 7 to 1) for the last year and haven't had any issues yet. I suppose I will start only going in the single increments from now on.

You're fine. I think if 7-1 enough times the spring might break that plastic isolator between the spring and the adjuster. More so the older they get as the plastic gets dried. Could lead to extra noise and plastic bits flying out.

Back