Is it worth rebulding my cages motor?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Awe, come on now, 36,000 miles? I'd be pissed if I didn't get over 125k. I see 200k mile ft wheel drive cars every day, just got finished working on a PT Cruiser with over 300,000 miles.

The thing to consider is the other things that could easily go wrong. How about the rack and pinion or the A/C? The rack could easily cost $500-$700, and the A/C could be another $1000.

Like ChevyFazer was getting at, it's a coin toss either way...

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awe, come on now, 36,000 miles? I'd be pissed if I didn't get over 125k. I see 200k mile ft wheel drive cars every day, just got finished working on a PT Cruiser with over 300,000 miles.

The thing to consider is the other things that could easily go wrong. How about the rack and pinion or the A/C? The rack could easily cost $500-$700, and the A/C could be another $1000.

Like ChevyFazer was getting at, it's a coin toss either way...

Theres no coin to toss........ :rolleyes: Caviliers are junk and PT cruiser's are even bigger pyles of junk.If you saw one with 300,000 miles you should turn that in to the guiness book of world record's!!! :BLAA:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Theres no coin to toss........ :rolleyes: Caviliers are junk and PT cruiser's are even bigger pyles of junk.If you saw one with 300,000 miles you should turn that in to the guiness book of world record's!!! :BLAA:

Actually i have to disagree with you on the former....Most people who owned a cavalier, have loved them, and bought more....everyone has a "my cavalier" story :D They aren't pompus like civics... and for being Chevys base level car, they last a helluva long time... a guy i used to work with had his up to 610,000 on the origional engine chassis transmission, and on top of that the origional AC worked!

PT cruisers however...:shakehead::tard::shakehead:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually i have to disagree with you on the former....Most people who owned a cavalier, have loved them, and bought more....everyone has a "my cavalier" story :D They aren't pompus like civics... and for being Chevys base level car, they last a helluva long time... a guy i used to work with had his up to 610,000 on the origional engine chassis transmission, and on top of that the origional AC worked!

PT cruisers however...:shakehead::tard::shakehead:

LOL :BLAA: Your right I have a Cavalier story myself....I bought an 89 model 2 door back in 93 with 100,000 miles or so on it for a reasonable price it ran good and shifted through the gears no water leaks took it home stripped the interior out of it steam cleaned it all waxed the body paint throughout gave it a tune up,changed the oil and drove it about 25 miles before the engine slung a rod,and I was'nt driving it hard!! the oil pump was weak and could'nt pick up the oil,learned the trick to pre-fill the oil filter from that AWESOME little Chevy..... :BLAA:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
figured i would post some pics while im at it...the one at night was taken today. the other about a week before i blew the motor

GAH?! it's white?! Definitely go get the Porsche 944 for 3-4k lol, i'm kidding i know how it is, i'm sure when it's time for my Cav to "do or die" i'll have a hard decision too :(

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
figured i would post some pics while im at it...the one at night was taken today. the other about a week before i blew the motor

Thoses were my favorite body style and I think the best looking small car at that time

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
yes...white = fresh...just as long as you clean it bi weekly...which i did when weather permitted

porsche 944 wouldnt be bad lol

Lol yeah i actually was going to get a white Cav convertible before my black one showed up on craiglist for a song.

I agree i like the model you and I both have, didn't like the newer ones, didn't really care for the older looking ones either. I have no idea why Chevy replaced it with that PoS Cobalt (IMO of course :rolleyes:)... it just looks like every other small car now :(