Inventories Piling Up?

WenMark

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to the local dealer here in GA to get some parts and was surprised that there were so many big sale signs on the bikes. I spoke to the sales guy and he said they were desperate for sales. I wanted to see some new models, but he said no orders were placed for 2010's as they still had some 08's left and 2009's just were not moving. Good time to buy a motorcycle if your in the market. I think they practically would give them away at cost.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Rumor has it that Suzuki won't even be bringing the 2010 sportbikes into the U.S. until overall inventories are reduced. Again, that's just a rumor.

There are a LOT of bikes sitting on showroom floors up here in Michigan. Only one FZ6 though (most dealerships here stopped ordering them in 2007 and until this year you could still find lots of 2006s still around - I bought my 2007 as a leftover last year and it had an inch of dust on it). There are LOTS of R6s at the nearest dealer though. The local HD dealer (who also carries all Japanese brands) is bursting with Harleys. I haven't been in since the Buell announcement to see what have left there.