Installing Two Bros. today. Any Q's?

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to be installing the Two Brothers Carbon exhaust today. Just wondering if anyone wanted certain pictures or any video of the install. I'll do my best to indulge you.

*UPDATE*
Here are the videos:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEiq7GDbm_Y"]YouTube - FZ6 stock exhaust[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXPuwkQYIXs"]YouTube - FZ6 no exhaust[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QkoJ0Uv9ys"]YouTube - FZ6 two brothers[/ame]

got pictures too but need to upload. They will be up later today.

Last edited:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a before and after sound clip of the bike in the same place, if you still have the stock exhaust on.

Its just to easy to take the before sound in the middle of nowhere then take the after sound in a garage or next to buildings for dramatic effect.

I find the before and after clips to be the best judge as bikes are set up differently.

Thanks in advance and if you cant thanks anyway ;)

Good luck :thumbup:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
halfway through install right now. I took before sound clip, open pipe sound clip, and soon to be two bros sound clip. I just hate the stupid fender kit and am modifying my current one to fit onto it. They made it kinda difficult to use anything other than their own kit...bastards...

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a before and after when i installed mine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVrbHEXX7k"]YouTube - FZ6 Stock Exhaust[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8yg2pv1Yg"]YouTube - FZ6 Two Brothers[/ame]

Reaction score
Visit site
man everytime i hear that exhaust i want it more and more!!!!! hopefully i'll be getting enough saved up soon...but still...when you get yours isntalled wildcard...can never have enough video's!!!! also let us know what trouble if ne u run into during your install!

bobiii

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed mine last week. Carbon with the db killers. They are loouudd! Maybe I will try to change to a different tip to see if I can tone it down a bit. I was wondering if anybody else that has installed the carbon type had any funny smells after the installation. Is this normal? Do the carbon canisters need to kind of "burn-in" for some miles before the smell goes away? Otherwise I am a very happy camper!

Reaction score
Visit site
how long has it been doing it? because sometimes there might be a little residue in the pipes that could burn when the exhaust heats up...but whatever that burning smell is...there is a good side! eventually it will burn all the way through it haha...

bobiii

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only had them on for maybe 20 miles at the most. I think it is getting less or else my nose is just getting used to the smell. It might be also the high temp rtv that the instructions tell you to use where the new pipe meets the old. Maybe I put too much.

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah you should be fine...its not your nose getting used to it lol...let us know if it doesn't completely go away though! i'de say after about 100 miles it should be gone...depending on how long you ride at a time...the further trips you take the faster the smell should go away...your exhaust fumes won't have time to heat up if you only take like a 5 min trip

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everybody for the videos. I've been torn about getting new exhaust and how much I can afford. I do love the sound of the 2 bros but even with the group buy they are still one of the more expensive ones.

Looks and sounds great Wildcard!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pics. You can see the modified FE so that I could still use my Evotech Tail Tidy (kinda expensive and sad I had to cut it up but oh well looks good)
twobros1.jpg

twobros2.jpg

twobros3.jpg

twobros4.jpg

twobros5.jpg

twobros6.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Nice work on the Two Bro's and great wrote up!!! Now go get some ear plugs!! ... you'll need em for those longer rides....trust me! ;)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks everybody for the videos. I've been torn about getting new exhaust and how much I can afford. I do love the sound of the 2 bros but even with the group buy they are still one of the more expensive ones.

I pined over getting the TB carbons for over 2 years before I just bit the bullet and bought them!!! Just come to terms that it's a ridiculous purcahse and just go for it! :cheer: