Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No way! Dangerous waters at work... you surf, you die!

Seriously, it only took a V.P.'s approval to get my internet access, and I have to sign papers at training every year saying it is for work use only, so I'll just check this forum from home. Oh yeah, and checking at lunch, while working weekends, or while working out of town, etc., still have the same limits. Of course, my hard drive is also scanned regularly to ensure I don't have any personal files or, GASP!!, personal pictures on it.

A friend got a hand slap for sending an email to his wife (also works for the company, but across the plant), asking her to pick up some milk on the way home.... as that was a non work related email.

BTW: this is the same place that just allowed me to start riding the motorcycle into the plant, but SOME of the rules are:
1. Must ride directly from the gate to & from the control building.
2. Can not touch the bike during the day, even to go out at lunch.
3. Can not stop at other offices within the plant, even if they are on the way to your office.
The silly thing is that I still need to go to other buildings during the day, so I had my boss buy me a bicycle for use in the plant....

Needless to say, I work for a very large, very very conservative, somewhat paranoid company.

holy crap... put that place on the 100 worst places to work in the USA.... Big Brother much???

But i guess it IS work none the less, and that is better than a lot of people these days.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have a job anymore, but I would get on the forum at work. Most of the time when I was waiting for something or during breaks. I wouldn't let it affect my performance.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
No way! Dangerous waters at work... you surf, you die!

Seriously, it only took a V.P.'s approval to get my internet access, and I have to sign papers at training every year saying it is for work use only, so I'll just check this forum from home. Oh yeah, and checking at lunch, while working weekends, or while working out of town, etc., still have the same limits. Of course, my hard drive is also scanned regularly to ensure I don't have any personal files or, GASP!!, personal pictures on it.

A friend got a hand slap for sending an email to his wife (also works for the company, but across the plant), asking her to pick up some milk on the way home.... as that was a non work related email.

BTW: this is the same place that just allowed me to start riding the motorcycle into the plant, but SOME of the rules are:
1. Must ride directly from the gate to & from the control building.
2. Can not touch the bike during the day, even to go out at lunch.
3. Can not stop at other offices within the plant, even if they are on the way to your office.
The silly thing is that I still need to go to other buildings during the day, so I had my boss buy me a bicycle for use in the plant....

Needless to say, I work for a very large, very very conservative, somewhat paranoid company.

WOW, where do you work, a nuclear facility building ICBMs.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
My boss doesn't care how much I'm on the 'net during work hours. I do analytical work in an engineering lab. Once I get my instruments running, the rest of the day is mine unless something rush comes in.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bit hard to get on here when i am DJ'ing, but somehow i manage quite a bit! As for when i am doing other work....i see work as a distraction...to whatever else i want to be doing, so.........

:rockon:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
guilty... i brows the forum in between calls... or sometimes durring calls.. depends how dumb the person is on the other end of the line...

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only get on at work to show a funny or interesting post to my co-workers.I do my forum browsing before work like now and after work on my back porch with a big glass of ice tea or cold beer.:D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When ever i finish with my patients i log on and see what new, so it's open all day and when i come home i log in again