I'm a Squid

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
So I'm rolling along in the diamond lane at about 75 on the 210 fwy towards San Berdo and I come across some slow traffic, so I roll on the throttle to do a pass and the next thing I know 102 flashes on the old speedo:D I know the speedo is a little optimistic so maybe 95+ in reality, but man this thing will get up and go:thumbup:

Jerry

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm rolling along in the diamond lane at about 75 on the 210 fwy towards San Berdo and I come across some slow traffic, so I roll on the throttle to do a pass and the next thing I know 102 flashes on the old speedo:D I know the speedo is a little optimistic so maybe 95+ in reality, but man this thing will get up and go:thumbup:

Jerry

If you had passed them riding a wheelie at 102 wearing a T-shirt, short's ,and flip flop's.....then you would be a :squid: :D :rockon:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see you've driven on the SoCal freeways too:D

Jerry
LMAO !! Nah i've never been to SoCal ....but I was passed by a :squid: just as I described on hwy 1 here in Louisiana,while I was doing about 90mph in my riced out Black on Black 94 Miata......That little car car was a race magnet!! LOL ...... The :squid: gene seem's to be World wide!! :D :rockon:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, a simple roll-on in 6th at 75MPH really brings it on. No need to downshift! On another note, no worries about somebody in the diamond lane doing the same and, suddenly, not seeing you coming up quickly, changing into your lane also?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Oh yeah, a simple roll-on in 6th at 75MPH really brings it on. No need to downshift! On another note, no worries about somebody in the diamond lane doing the same and, suddenly, not seeing you coming up quickly, changing into your lane also?

Naw, I wait until there are vehicles in the adjacent lane so they can't move over on me:D and then split them. There is a rumor that splitting in Calif is not allowed any more but you just need to look out for the CHP. Guess I'll find out eventually as there are always idiots in the diamond lane going slower than everybody else:Flip: and I'm going to keep passing them:thumbup:

Jerry

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Diamond lane = HOV right? I too was crusing last night going about 80 on the capitol beltway when I was passed by a dude in a tshirt and jeans doin a wheelie...

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Diamond lane = HOV right? I too was crusing last night going about 80 on the capitol beltway when I was passed by a dude in a tshirt and jeans doin a wheelie...
LMFAO!!!! They are Everywhere!!! :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid: :squid:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site

Jerry

:thumbup:

I too thought I was a squid a few posts ago...I still think I'm going to try and do my daily commute only in 1st and 2nd gear. You were a bit braver than I was when I "experimented", speed wise. I'm now finding my shifting is all jerky because I'm waiting...waiting...waiting....waiting...to get the RPMs as high (LOL) as possible before I shift. The result - my timing is now ALL off (with or W/O the clutch) :eek:

To all those who think the FZ doesn't have the "ommmph" - put it in 1st and/or 2nd and wring that puppy's RPMs OUT (within the limits of prudence, that is :cheer: ) and get the feel for which gear you need to be in given your speed!