I'm a gear whore

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
There may be a 12 step program out there for some of you.

I love my Aerosticth 1 piece. I also have an Olympia Moab mesh jacket and pants. The best gloves to date for me have been some made by Held and I am currenlty wearing a pair of Lee Parks Designs PCI gloves that I really like. I need to get them on a long trip to really give them the "what for".

Autocom, GPS, tank bags, panniers, heated grips, levers, .....problem I don't have a problem...two way radio, Gerbings liner, ......

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get the correct size, have you tried it on?
Neil

Tried it on a little while ago and thought the medium was too tight, though I thought the large felt perfect. I had no idea how loose the large would eventually get on my head. Good thing about these Shoei's is I can fit different cheek pads if it's too tight or too loose. The shell size on my HJC couldn't fit wider cheek pads, only slimmer ones.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
There may be a 12 step program out there for some of you.

I love my Aerosticth 1 piece. I also have an Olympia Moab mesh jacket and pants. The best gloves to date for me have been some made by Held and I am currenlty wearing a pair of Lee Parks Designs PCI gloves that I really like. I need to get them on a long trip to really give them the "what for".

Autocom, GPS, tank bags, panniers, heated grips, levers, .....problem I don't have a problem...two way radio, Gerbings liner, ......

Aerosticth 1 piece.:blowkiss: Good stuff.:rockon: I hope to have one in a few years.:thumbup:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I won these boots on e-bay for $66otd.:spank: I think they're new.:cheer: They're very think for heavy winter uses.:thumbup:

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
so how do you determine what's good quality gear? by price or reviews or just personal experience? Motorcycle gear is expensive but definitely needed as I don't ride without my helmet, gloves and jacket and now am looking for some boots

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
so how do you determine what's good quality gear? by price or reviews or just personal experience? Motorcycle gear is expensive but definitely needed as I don't ride without my helmet, gloves and jacket and now am looking for some boots

I look for ride reports of guys that have gone down.:rockon:

Any boot that covers the ankle, is a good boot. :rockon: If it does more, then the better off you'll be in a down. :thumbup: All my boots come all the way up to the bottom of my built in knee pads.:rockon:

My other pair is the Oxtar Gore-Tex touring boots.:D I strongley recomend them, if you're looking for new boots. :cheer:

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that's a lot of helmets... I have 1 helmet I use for everything, an HJC CL-16. I think I may have purchased it too big though. It felt snug on in the store, but after wearing it for over a year it moves around on my head when I'm on the highway. So I think I may need to go a size smaller, but really don't want to spend the money on it now. I just got new gloves and a rain jacket, so it's not in the budget!

Just get different inserts for it and wahlah, snug fitting helmet ;)

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yes I sure am a gear hore! 5 jackets ( three leather, two textile ) + two riding suits (one leather and one rain), 5 sets of gloves, Two helmets, Three pairs of riding boots, 5 sets of pants ( two leather, two kevlar maple jeans and ICON super duty jeans ) 6 if you consider chaps. Then I have all my dirt bike gear as well! ATGATT.