If I bought some Hids ??? would you want some?

tannerplante

Reaction score
Visit site
Im thinking about buying some HIDs for my fz6. I can get them in a set and I would have to buy two sets since our bikes have an h4 and an h7 bulb.
I would need both H4 and H7 Bulb since I did bd43s headlight mod.
I figure it will be $70-80 for an h4 and and h7.

Or If your bike is stock and you only want the H7 since it is always on. $40
plus shipping

with these HIDs there not bi Xenon. So this means your High beam will be regular. Anyways HIDs are brighter than your brights.

let me know if any one is interested Cause im gonna pick mine up pretty soon. And I dont wanna be stuck with an extra set.

i can Get any color 5000k +++
Im gonna get 12000k

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude... You dont want 12000k.. Its terrible output, tons of glare, looks dark purple/blue.. Its just awful all around..

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would reccomend anywhere from 4300k to 6000k.
Here is a chart.
MXRZ_HID_COLOR_INDEX.jpg

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I would reccomend anywhere from 4300k to 6000k.
Here is a chart.
MXRZ_HID_COLOR_INDEX.jpg

While I agree with your chart for the most part, I wouldnt call 6000k Rice.. I've had 6000k on every car I've had and they look AWESOME.. its pure white with a slight hint of purple/blue tint and really good output.. I use 5000k On my bike though to optimize output..

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While I agree with your chart for the most part, I wouldnt call 6000k Rice.. I've had 6000k on every car I've had and they look AWESOME.. its pure white with a slight hint of purple/blue tint and really good output.. I use 5000k On my bike though to optimize output..

yeah it was one i stole online lol, gets the point across, i didn't type anything on it etc. My xb has 5000k in it i just bought the projector stuff from jman and think the hid's coming with that are 6000k

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I did 4300k on my FZ before selling the whole kit to Lazamus. Word to the wise, the stock reflectors kind of suck for HID conversions. If you want to go HID, you really should do a projector retrofit for this bike. The H7 side did an OK job with the HIDs, but the H4 side really sucked and just created a ton of glaire.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have done just the H7 side with 8000K and it is not rice, it is only slightly tinted and the output is awesome.

FYI, Subaru STI and BMW use 8000K as stock HID color...

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
FYI, Subaru STI and BMW use 8000K as stock HID color...

No they dont... All stock hids are 4300k.. Their projectors make them appear more purple/blue than they really are. Looking right at the headlight they appear purple/blue but look at the ground and the light is pure white.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
No they dont... All stock hids are 4300k.. Their projectors make them appear more purple/blue than they really are. Looking right at the headlight they appear purple/blue but look at the ground and the light is pure white.

I know for a fact that this is accurate. Having done several conversions using salvaged kits from Mercedes, BMW, Honda/Acura, etc... all of them are 4300k. The "blue" that you see is merely the refractory properties of the edges of the lense. The center of the lense however is putting out perfectly white light.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
God I wish someone madea 3000K or LOWER HID kit. Everyone wants the silly blue tint, but no one cares about the fact that the lower Kelvin helps lower eye fatigue and increases contrast.
Silly kids, blue headlights are for Neons and Civics.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
God I wish someone madea 3000K or LOWER HID kit. Everyone wants the silly blue tint, but no one cares about the fact that the lower Kelvin helps lower eye fatigue and increases contrast.
Silly kids, blue headlights are for Neons and Civics.

They DO make a 3000k kit.. Its piss yellow though :) They are intended for fog lights.. I agree with the blue headlights.. I see them alot on trucks! What is it about truck owners wanting 10k hids?!?

To the OP: Just get a 6k kit! anything else isnt worth it.. You will be plenty happy with the color and the output is awesome!

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
They DO make a 3000k kit.. Its piss yellow though :) They are intended for fog lights.. I agree with the blue headlights.. I see them alot on trucks! What is it about truck owners wanting 10k hids?!?

To the OP: Just get a 6k kit! anything else isnt worth it.. You will be plenty happy with the color and the output is awesome!

I agree with this. Anything between 4300-6500 is really quite usable and looks really good. The 8000+ have a more purple hue to them, the 12000 units are just plain for show and don't put out much usable light.

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I've heard that the HIDs will draw less wattage, the halogen bulb will draw something around 55w while the HID will draw 35w, unless you upgrade the ballasts to ~55w for more light output.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I've heard that the HIDs will draw less wattage, the halogen bulb will draw something around 55w while the HID will draw 35w, unless you upgrade the ballasts to ~55w for more light output.

This is true once they are lit, but the initial ignition takes a ton of juice... which is where the ballasts come in.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have had 5000k hid's in my 08 scion xb now for 2 years. I personally love them. Just bought the headlight, projectors, and hids from jman. when I get home they are going in. If i remember correctly they have 6000k's in them. I will put my car and my bike once done side by side against a white garage door and you will be able to see the difference.

this helps explain a lil bit:
http://www.mobilehid.com/gallery.htm

www.mobilehid.com is where the hid's in my car came from. Great guy to deal with, super warranty. I had a ballast blow and all i had to do was pay shipping to get the old one out to him and as soon as he recieved it new one was on its way!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So our battiries will be able to take care of the draw of power if I just get a set of 6000k, what are ballasts?

The temperature of the bulb color should not have any impact on the 35W power draw as far as I know. The ballasts supply the hi voltage necessary to ignite the xenon lamps and then lower voltage to maintain them once they are on.:thumbup: