ideas for short europe trip please

Kaz247

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys,

7 days to tour. Septemberish

starting Newcastle to Amsterdam. finish Dover back to Newcastle.

needing ideas for the middle part please,

holiday requirements - good roads, great food and wine, a bit of culture, nice beach, reasonable prices. camping to keep the costs down maybe.

not much to ask, ok bring on your ideas and recommendations for places to say.

i have not had my bike out of the uk so getting really excited at the prospect.
apart from riding the opposite way around. Ive tried it in the car one time but it was short lived as my husband couldn't take stress of me driving, how rude.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys,

7 days to tour. Septemberish

starting Newcastle to Amsterdam. finish Dover back to Newcastle.

needing ideas for the middle part please,

holiday requirements - good roads, great food and wine, a bit of culture, nice beach, reasonable prices. camping to keep the costs down maybe.

not much to ask, ok bring on your ideas and recommendations for places to say.

i have not had my bike out of the uk so getting really excited at the prospect.
apart from riding the opposite way around. Ive tried it in the car one time but it was short lived as my husband couldn't take stress of me driving, how rude.

You said nice beach, are you talking about the mediteranean or the atlantic?, I guess you wasn't talking about a beer on a beach in Holland ;)
Was you looking at crossing the alps?
There are a couple of other threads out there about trips to europe, just search "europe trip".
Good luck, if you give a general direction some others on the forum might chip in :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Might be worth the effort to check out Cyprus while you're out. I hear they're having a clearance sale on gold bullion.

:)

Besides that:

53.jpg

Buttertubs Pass, North Yorkshire
Tight, twisty and bumpy, drivers and motorcyclists claim it’s the closest thing you’ll get to an Alpine pass in the UK. The road runs from Hawes to Thwaite in North Yorkshire and although it’s not a massively long section, there’s plenty to challenge you. Also, thanks to the twists and turns you don’t have to be driving at break neck speed to enjoy the challenge. And with a sheer drop on one side of the road, you certainly don’t want to push things too hard!

Although the Buttertubs Pass is relatively short, there are quite a few interconnecting roads nearby that can provide similar amounts of driving fun. And with it being in the hills of Cumbria, you can be assured that no two days will be the same. If you had to pick just one road in the UK to drive, it would have to be this one. You could drive hundreds of miles across Europe and still not find such a fun road.

WHERE? ‘C’ road that runs from Hawes to Thwaite in North Yorkshire.
WHAT? A high road in the Yorkshire Dales that winds through 20m deep limestone potholes called the Buttertubs.
WHY? Arguably the most challenging road in the UK, when driven hard it is a real adrenaline rush.

Also:

Thousands of the Best European Motorcycle Routes

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: