I want to go naked!

xxsnergyxx

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 black Yamaha Fz6 and I am considering going naked. However I am very confused. I Understand that their are many different ways to go about this. However due to my limited mechanical knowledge, I am looking for the easiest/most effcient way to start my conversion. I am very interested in Dev-usc's conversion kit. Can someone please explain the difference between the vs01 kit and the vs02? Price difference? All parts included for installation? Any help will be much appreciated, I have searched the forums but have come up shorthanded looking for simplistic answers!

dangtienanh

Reaction score
Visit site
VS01 and VS02 are different in terms of the fairing shape. Other than that, everything else is the same.

The least you can do to get the bike naked is to remove the front fairing + headlights and add new headlight, blinkers, mirrors and a tach holder, I believe Vishnu's kit includes all of them.

Now the thing that differentiate a meh conversion and a good one is wiring. You either go the lazy way and bunch the cords behind the flyscreen, or actually pull them off and do some chopping to make it look clean.

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 black Yamaha Fz6 and I am considering going naked. However I am very confused. I Understand that their are many different ways to go about this. However due to my limited mechanical knowledge, I am looking for the easiest/most effcient way to start my conversion. I am very interested in Dev-usc's conversion kit. Can someone please explain the difference between the vs01 kit and the vs02? Price difference? All parts included for installation? Any help will be much appreciated, I have searched the forums but have come up shorthanded looking for simplistic answers!

If you can wait for your decision, you can follow my thread here:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/48736-headlight-kit-vs02.html

In that thread, I am essentially documenting my experience with dev_usc (Vishnu) from purchase to assembly. Once the package arrives I will take photos. I will try to assembly it on my own/with help from a friend.

My background mechanical knowledge is nil! I don't know how to change oil, tires, I don't know much at all. To give you an idea, I don't even have a tool kit. I own a multi-tool screwdriver and a hammer. That is all the tools I own!

I would guess the average middle school kid has the same mechanical background I do. If I can assemble this thing, anyone can :thumbup:

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
VS01 and VS02 are different in terms of the fairing shape. Other than that, everything else is the same.

The least you can do to get the bike naked is to remove the front fairing + headlights and add new headlight, blinkers, mirrors and a tach holder, I believe Vishnu's kit includes all of them.

Now the thing that differentiate a meh conversion and a good one is wiring. You either go the lazy way and bunch the cords behind the flyscreen, or actually pull them off and do some chopping to make it look clean.

I neatly wrapped mine and put it behind the light and screen. I think it came out pretty clean...

Didn't want to start chopping wires just incase I wanted to switch back to my fairing one day.(which never happened by the way)

picture.php

I didn't have any history of working on motorcycles...got a lot of help from members here while I was doing the conversion. Have since sold the bike to a great member here. Plan it out, get advice, plan some more and go for it if its something you really want to do.