i want this helmet.....N.A. in Australia!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, spotted this helmet on a 2010 Z1000 promotional poster! And decided it was super sexy, and that i wanted one....only problem is, it aint available in Australia, and it does not look super safe at the front...

The Givi XZERO1.....Damn, it's sexy in matte black....Innovative too.

XZERO1

Givi X.01 Helmet - webBikeWorld

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuvajxuYo6Q&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Givi X.01 "XZero1" Motorcycle Helmet[/ame]

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd kill for this helmet but alas *shoulders drop* no Aussie distributor :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQV62fpnBmQ&feature=related]YouTube - Akuma Navy V1 F14 Phantom Motorcycle Helmet[/ame]

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just rang Ron Angel, and they siad that they dont bring the Givi XZERO1 into Australia, and nobody else does either....

I asked why, and the answer i got was, that they bring other helmets into Australia, and dont need to add anymore! (insert spazzo smiley here!)

:(

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just rang Ron Angel, and they siad that they dont bring the Givi XZERO1 into Australia, and nobody else does either....

I asked why, and the answer i got was, that they bring other helmets into Australia, and dont need to add anymore! (insert spazzo smiley here!)

It seriously sucks living 'down under' when it comes to this sorta crap :( Sorry i wasnt a bigger help for you mate...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
goddam it's sexy! thanks for the link Humpy! :thumbup:

View attachment 26503

View attachment 26504

But that Chin piece, especially on the summer version, looks very cheap, and very breakable....

At the end of the day it is a DOT rated helmet so it must be fairly strong....... Looks like the Predator to me , i like it , i like it alot..... GET TO THE CHOPPER :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It seriously sucks living 'down under' when it comes to this sorta crap :( Sorry i wasnt a bigger help for you mate...

Lol! i am used to it....consistently run into brick walls trying to source stuff for my bike, which is either unavailable in Australia, or very hard to get from Oversea's....

Case's in point, TCP seat cowl, titanium headers for an R6 that can be fabbed up to fit an FZ6, A decent aftermarket streetfighter style headlight...

And that's just this week!

And a lot of the time, if it is available in Australia, it is a lot more expensive...like double the price....Exhaust's seem to be extremely bad for this...with TB's pipes costing almost exactly double from Australian importer, as it is to get them from the USA, and shipped in yourself....oh yeah, and it's quicker to order from OS!

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI the Shark Multi-tec is the only flip-up helmet that is DOT approved in both the closed and open position. But those look pretty sweet!

Yeah local prices can be ridiculous. The link someone else posted for the Leo pipes shipped from Italy for like $600? That's crazy. They're $1139 here. Something needs to be done (eg manufacturers subsidising costs to our importers).

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know what else is ridiculous , the fact that neither BMC or K & N make a filter for an XJR1300 from 06 on :mad:..... Damn it i want one :(... Maybe i should head for the Rant Thread :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI the Shark Multi-tec is the only flip-up helmet that is DOT approved in both the closed and open position. But those look pretty sweet!

Yeah local prices can be ridiculous. The link someone else posted for the Leo pipes shipped from Italy for like $600? That's crazy. They're $1139 here. Something needs to be done (eg manufacturers subsidising costs to our importers).

Yep, it's like this across the board pretty much....i saw a set of Arata pipes on an american sight for $750 US Yesterday, then 10 minutes later, saw exactly the same pipes from an English site for 750 pounds!

My tip, import from the States yourself, where possible, with our dollar trading at 90c US, we can get some "Bargains", or at least get stuff at the right price.

You know what else is ridiculous , the fact that neither BMC or K & N make a filter for an XJR1300 from 06 on :mad:..... Damn it i want one :(... Maybe i should head for the Rant Thread :D

Lol! that's cause armchairs dont need high-po air filters... :D

Sorry, couldnt resist Humpy! :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, it's like this across the board pretty much....i saw a set of Arata pipes on an american sight for $750 US Yesterday, then 10 minutes later, saw exactly the same pipes from an English site for 750 pounds!

My tip, import from the States yourself, where possible, with our dollar trading at 90c US, we can get some "Bargains", or at least get stuff at the right price.

Lol! that's cause armchairs dont need high-po air filters... :D

Sorry, couldnt resist Humpy! :D

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It is absolutely nuts we we pay here.

Yamaha dealer quoted me $1400 for Scorpion CF slip ons.

I bought them on ebay - for @ $800 delivered. Great seller. Have actually put another couple of members onto him.

It's a bloody joke - pity we can't buy helmets from overseas - my helmet cost $750, but was on ebay for about $500. :(

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
goddam it's sexy! thanks for the link Humpy! :thumbup:

View attachment 26503

View attachment 26504

But that Chin piece, especially on the summer version, looks very cheap, and very breakable....

Black Summer edition look HOT! As long as you didn't take the front on/off/on/off all the time, it should be right. I would use it as is as the summer helmet and keep my other one as the Winter helmet. Alas, they can be only dreams if they're not "approved" for Australia.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Black Summer edition look HOT! As long as you didn't take the front on/off/on/off all the time, it should be right. I would use it as is as the summer helmet and keep my other one as the Winter helmet. Alas, they can be only dreams if they're not "approved" for Australia.

yes, it sucks! i would definitely use this helmet in summer mode...

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a bloody joke - pity we can't buy helmets from overseas - my helmet cost $750, but was on ebay for about $500. :(

nothing stopping you at all :)

i know many ppl who have
and use them on teh track and road

just have to be careful even though they may have DOT and SNELL standards
fine for racetrack no AUS standards sticker and a cop can if they like sting you for not wearing a lid
same goes with insurance companies

although i cant see why u could not get an exemption in your policy if u wrote to the insurance company and told them

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nothing stopping you at all :)

i know many ppl who have
and use them on teh track and road

just have to be careful even though they may have DOT and SNELL standards
fine for racetrack no AUS standards sticker and a cop can if they like sting you for not wearing a lid
same goes with insurance companies

although i cant see why u could not get an exemption in your policy if u wrote to the insurance company and told them

This is pretty much what i was thinking....

Am giving this serious thought.