Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek::eek:

Man sues Lynx after failing to get girl

interesting to see how it turns out.

Mac.

If this joker succeeds, it will show that the World has truely lost it!!!

And apart from that, if he is succesful, which i hope he aint, well, it sets a precedent that could have alsorts of consequences re future compensation claims...

The Worls truely is a strange place!

:eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG :shakehead: !!! what has this world come to when you can find a lawyer to take on a case like this :disapprove:.....Whats the bet says this guy wins :spank: :spank:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geeze, I was gunna say.. "Only in Ame...", then saw that it was an Aussie story...lol

What is this place coming too???

:rockon:
It's actually a guy in India.

His lawyer thinks he is going to win.

No date - 10 years - it's not just his scent that's a problem......

:eek:

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the way the media reports on these matters.
India is a commonwealth country and a lot of their legal actions are similar to Australian ones and yet I personally have never heard of an action like this that has achieved a good result.

The media reports, 'compensation for the "depression and psychological damage" caused by a lack of any "Lynx effect".'
It would be nice to read the psychological reports on the plaintiffs' case of depression. If he can't get a woman (or man as his case may be), I think the deodorant is his least problem!

The report also quotes the plaintiff as saying, 'in its advertisements, it says women will be attracted to you if you use Axe ... '
Now what type of woman are we talking about? There are some I don't believe I would like to have throwing themselves at me, ah what!!!

And this from the newspaper, 'Mr Bedi's lawyer Ram Jethmalani said it would be in Unilever's best interests to settle out of court. '
And I believe the plaintiff should lay off the curry, join a gym and start riding motorcycles!!!!!

Now. Who do I charge this advice to!!
Rumpole
:spank:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love the way the media reports on these matters.
India is a commonwealth country and a lot of their legal actions are similar to Australian ones and yet I personally have never heard of an action like this that has achieved a good result.

The media reports, 'compensation for the "depression and psychological damage" caused by a lack of any "Lynx effect".'
It would be nice to read the psychological reports on the plaintiffs' case of depression. If he can't get a woman (or man as his case may be), I think the deodorant is his least problem!

The report also quotes the plaintiff as saying, 'in its advertisements, it says women will be attracted to you if you use Axe ... '
Now what type of woman are we talking about? There are some I don't believe I would like to have throwing themselves at me, ah what!!!

And this from the newspaper, 'Mr Bedi's lawyer Ram Jethmalani said it would be in Unilever's best interests to settle out of court. '
And I believe the plaintiff should lay off the curry, join a gym and start riding motorcycles!!!!!

Now. Who do I charge this advice to!!
Rumpole
:spank:

I was waiting for your reply to this thread! LMAO! :spank:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be cool to have an "override" function in government judicial systems to automatically throw out silly cases such as this and burning yourself on McDonald's coffee - as well as shaming the lawyers who take on these cases knowing it will cause everyone else grief if they were to win.:spank:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
That "Lynx" lawsuit is right up there with the robbery suspect who sued a homeowner because he fell through her skylight while attempting to rob the house. The grounds for his suit was "An unsafe working environment".

Not sure what happened with the suit, but it just goes to show that people can and will sue each-other for basically anything. :spank:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeppers.

I'm gettin' a lawyer to sue the sun. There should have been a warning label on the sky about skin cancer...

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That "Lynx" lawsuit is right up there with the robbery suspect who sued a homeowner because he fell through her skylight while attempting to rob the house. The grounds for his suit was "An unsafe working environment".

Not sure what happened with the suit, but it just goes to show that people can and will sue each-other for basically anything. :spank:

The stupid thing is... that happens. Here in Oz, if someone breaks into your house and you catch them and "smack them around a bit", the cops will arrest you for assault.
Stupid laws made up by stupid people who probably have never been robbed because the have enough money for the most expensive alarm system in the world, and a couple of security guards as well.

Same goes for if you have a watchdog, and a scumbag jumps your back fence with the intent of breaking into your house, your dog bites them, you get locked up... Argh!!!!!!

:rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a
jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was
running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably
surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

Terrence Dickson, of Bristol , Pennsylvania , who was leaving a house
he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the
automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage
door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door
connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut. Forced
to sit for eight days and survive on a case of Pepsi and a
large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental Anguish. Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish.

Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, he was awarded $14,500 plus
medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's
beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard.
Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the
beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tail bone.
The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her
boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

Kara Walton, of Claymont ,Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a nearby city because she fell from
the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even
though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her
$12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses.

Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise
control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the
Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left
the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski
sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't
actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The
Oklahoma jury awarded her, 1,750,000 PLUS a new
motor home.. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this
suit, just in case Mrs.. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a
motor home.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise
control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the
Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left
the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski
sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't
actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The
Oklahoma jury awarded her, 1,750,000 PLUS a new
motor home.. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this
suit, just in case Mrs.. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a
motor home.

Thats gotta be a joke !