I love my FZ6N

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have been thinking quite a bit about my bike. I don't ride it often enough, and I really want to mod it to my liking so I am 100% happy with it before I ride the wheels off of it but with that thought in mind I have to ask myself why? I couldn't really come up with a real answer. To help matters as well I my friend let me ride his Street Triple R which I will get to in a sec :)

I don't know what riding means to people but for me it is about escaping reality a bit and really enjoying life. Just you and the bike, great open outdoors with nothing around you. Closest thing you can get to flying without wings !

But I know I want to get new handle bars (For riding position), levers (As I cannot use my winter gloves as I cannot reach over the levers), grips (Would be easier doing it all at once ;P) and bar risers. I want all that for riding position as I find it I am on my wrists whilst riding and it is uncomfortable after a while
(Bars have been rolled back, which completely changed the handling of the bike).

And new tires, those OEM tires are really really crap, feels like you are riding on ice.

So back to the Triple R, I thought the bike would be one of the best bikes to ride ever, and it was fantastic, only change on the bike is diablo supercorsa tires. Handling was fantastic and instantly gave me confidence in cornering. Very easy to throw around, and the feedback the bike gave you was great, you could feel it
planted to the ground. Power is sublime, it doesn't have the rush like the FZ6 but it is very very quick, builds power very quickly but you don't really feel it and before you know it you are doing triple digits ;P

Way faster than the FZ6 and you are alot more connected with the throttle (I know on my FZ6 you don't get instant throttle response it has a bit of 'free'play). Also the sounds. OMG I LOVE that way it sounds, especially when starting up.

Anyway now for the bad points (Well for me), seat comfort was aweful, I love the standard FZ6N seat, find it so comfortable. Levers and pegs I didn't like they would need to be adjusted/changed. And forget about trying to read your speed, it was nearly impossible ! Bike quality also didn't feel as good as the yamaha.

Anyway after changing back to my FZ6N I thought it would be hard to go back to it ... Slower, heavier ... But it did the opposite, I love my bike even more now !! I can really see how good the FZ6 really is and what you can do with it. Bike fuel tank, great comfort, bullet proof Japanese quality :)

So it actually made me think less of modding and more about riding. Get out there and ride. That is what its for. Sure the tires are crappy but really they will teach me more about traction and controlling the bike than super sticky tires and Yamaha would not put any super crap tires that are dangerous :)

So I guess after finally waking up I am finally 100% confident in my choice of bike and will be moving forward on really learning to ride, it doesn't matter what bike as long as it has two wheels and a motor :)

Well hope it all makes sense, sorry about any grammar etc mistakes.

Just needed to post this.

Thanks all :)

Russ

PS :- Cam you still interested in that shock ?
PSS :- Sorry if it is posted in the wrong area