I hate fedora core!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know nothing about servers and OS' but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think going forward I will migrate to Cent OS...I would love to go with Red Hat but is too expensive.. ....

We had to drop Red Hat because their fees were getting to be too much for basic patches & updates. CentOS has filled the role nicely. :thumbup:

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Centos + openvz virtual containers. Most f my containers are Debian Lenny, mix of x64 and i386 - depends on the purpose of the container I suppose. I haven't used RH/Fedora since around version 6. Other than that I've used SuSE in it's various guises. If any of them I favour Debian most because it's nice and lean.

If you wanted plenty of virtual servers, that are all linux based using very little in the way of resources then OpenVZ kicks VMWare into the ground :thumbup:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
free BSD was way before the site became "alive"... I figured out the nic issue... The gateway can Auto assign IPs to nics based on Mac addresses.. This card used to be in a diff server and the old entry was still in the gate way.....:spank:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
free BSD was way before the site became "alive"... I figured out the nic issue... The gateway can Auto assign IPs to nics based on Mac addresses.. This card used to be in a diff server and the old entry was still in the gate way.....:spank:

Cool glad you got it sorted :thumbup: , have a great Christmas

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Well done. :thumbup: