I had a dream... will naked

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
It is the time to do some mod on my FZ6. we are together almost one year. we love each other.
The first mod what i would like to do is change the speedo to 07+ ( personally i don't like round one)
Next, i would like to make FZ1 Naked headlight kit, or VS-2 headlight kit.
I saw a lat of info here, so i am going to find out important information.

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw someone selling a speedo from a wrecked bike in the for sale section. Might wanna take a look there.

I also fully recommend the vs02 conversion. Well put together, has everything you need.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
personally i find the fz1 headlight fits very nicely to a naked fz6. as for the cluster be careful, the 07 plus have 2 plugs as opposed to the one on the round clusters, so it may not be an easy swap

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking forward to installing the VS02 on my blue '06. The installation doesn't look too terribly crazy for a not-so-mechanical guy like me. It will be warm soon....(not lucky enough to have a garage). Someone also posted about the FZ8 headlight, which I think also looks pretty sharp. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/48081-fz8-headlight.html

As for the round speedometer, it took some getting used to, but I like it OK now, especially when it lights up blue at night. Man, I can't wait until spring.

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking forward to installing the VS02 on my blue '06. The installation doesn't look too terribly crazy for a not-so-mechanical guy like me. It will be warm soon....(not lucky enough to have a garage). Someone also posted about the FZ8 headlight, which I think also looks pretty sharp. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/48081-fz8-headlight.html

As for the round speedometer, it took some getting used to, but I like it OK now, especially when it lights up blue at night. Man, I can't wait until spring.

The FZ8 headlight looks pretty nice. But what is the cost of this headlight kit?

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ8 headlight looks pretty nice. But what is the cost of this headlight kit?

I don't know how much the FZ8 headlight costs. I just saw that post for the first time the other day, and I like the way it looks. I see a couple that look similar on ebay for ~$180-$190....maybe not the cheapest place to buy, though, or so I'd speculate.

The VS02 (or VS01) kit was about $325 shipped in the continental US. Vishnu (dev_usc) sells them. I've heard the speedo mount from that kit can be tricky (but works), but fortunately I was able to get in on one of the batches of mounts LeaN69 fabricated. I don't know if they're still doing that, or not. Anyway, I'm pretty much still waiting for warmer weather (and one more small part) before I dig into pulling the fairing off & putting on the new parts, so haven't actually done the work yet; maybe on a weekend afternoon. My friends will probably be happy when I can finally stop talking about getting the conversion done. :spank:

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in touch with Vishnu (dev_usc). I will buy VS02 kit from him, but first i need to install the speedo ( i am making a deal right now).

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
This spring I'll be putting this projector into my VS-01 kit - pretty sure it'll fit but I still need to measure before I click purchase

Sportbike Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

Sport%20bike%20Retrofit%20Kitl.jpg

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
So, it looks like i need to do this by myself. I am scary about opening headlight and do any cut out to install projector in the new vs02 kit. I dont want to broke anything.

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
So, it looks like i need to do this by myself. I am scary about opening headlight and do any cut out to install projector in the new vs02 kit. I dont want to broke anything.

I'll be replacing my vs02 with a MT03 headlight before the summer, if you break yours you can have my old vs02 :thumbup:

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be replacing my vs02 with a MT03 headlight before the summer, if you break yours you can have my old vs02 :thumbup:

Thank you. I am going to do this , if you will provide me your old headlight. i have time to do this, because in New York City we have winter time.so, I will order today VS02 kit for my Fz6.

djhembroff

Reaction score
Visit site
I am new to the forum and I am pickin up my first fz6 to convert naked next week and I want to order all my stuff asap. How do I go about getting ahold of Dev_Usc to get the vs02 kit.? any help or knowledge would be great. Thanks

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: I had a dream... will naked

I am new to the forum and I am pickin up my first fz6 to convert naked next week and I want to order all my stuff asap. How do I go about getting ahold of Dev_Usc to get the vs02 kit.? any help or knowledge would be great. Thanks

Just send Vishnu (dev_USC) a PM. He's pretty responsive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
i am still waiting for my kit from Vishnu (dev_USC). i ordered last Saturday. i hope it comes to me before weekend.

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
Today i removed front fairing, and installed new speedo. I didn't do any modification with wires, because i bought with wires from 09 so it was just plug a play. works fine. I am still waiting for my VS02 kit. i track package every day. It is in India. ufff can't wait.

yanek

Reaction score
Visit site
ughhh... waiting for Vs02. it takes forever...:/ good news is, because it is in NY Customs.