I Got a Mohawk Today

Dr.Volts

Dr.Volts
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a black Mohawk attachment for my helmet today. It matches my black Shoei RF-1000 with dark smoke shield. I like to watch the reactions at traffic lights. I am 57 years old. I can't decide if I am having a midlife crisis or a second childhood. Maybe second adolescence. Maybe I never grew up to begin with. It sure is fun.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a black Mohawk attachment for my helmet today. It matches my black Shoei RF-1000 with dark smoke shield. I like to watch the reactions at traffic lights. I am 57 years old. I can't decide if I am having a midlife crisis or a second childhood. Maybe second adolescence. Maybe I never grew up to begin with. It sure is fun.

That is just awesome! Good for you! Please do post a pic with and then holding the helmet! :D

Dr.Volts

Dr.Volts
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it is, folks. Dr.Volts with his new Mohawk. A kid with a new toy.

I ran out of light, so I didn't get the greatest pic. Black object are hard to photograph with low light. But you get the idea. Maybe more pics tomorrow when the sun comes up.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
mr-t2.jpg

I approve...GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :rockon:

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Here it is, folks. Dr.Volts with his new Mohawk. A kid with a new toy.

I ran out of light, so I didn't get the greatest pic. Black object are hard to photograph with low light. But you get the idea. Maybe more pics tomorrow when the sun comes up.

Cool! I saw a guy on an '07 red FZ6 yesterday that had one of those on. Must be something about our bikes?

Where did you get it? :rockon:

mdr

Reaction score
Visit site
Doc,
:hijack: Got the same jacket. Any one give you crap about it with the FZ? I was in Arbys and a guy our age (ie. old fart) says "nice jacket". Don't know if he was making fun of me (it was 95 degrees F) or what... :squid: just said "thanks" and got on the bike.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Too cool! :thumbup: Kinda funny... if you were to really dirty up the bike and your riding gear, you'd almost look like something out of "The Road Warrior"!
road-warrior.jpg

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
^ :rockon:

Hey, Dr, did you pick that up from PJ's Parts? He and his wife Paige are known around this area for carrying those and they're hilarious. It's even better on an, um, how should I say this? More experienced rider? :thumbup: Looks great!

Dr.Volts

Dr.Volts
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Mohawk at National Cycle Supply in Charlotte. I bought the jacket and gloves there, too. It is my favorite store. I get very friendly, personal, knowledgeable service there and I can look at all the stuff.

I get lots of compliments on that jacket from people who know what the jacket is and from people who have no idea and just like the way it looks. As an example of the personal service at NCS, they made sure I went home with the special coat hanger for the jacket. It is much wider than a regular hanger and keeps the shoulders of the jacket shaped right. They showed me details about wearing the jacket that I would probably not have figured out myself.

However, if you really want people to look at you when you are on your bike, forget the Mohawk and get your dog to ride with you.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a black Scorpion helmet with a blue mohawk :D I love it and it gets lots of looks on the street. (anything to help the cagers see us right? :D)

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditch those suction cups and attach it with double stick tape, looks way better. My riding buddy has the same one, I have a saw blade on mine, looks really mean and gets a lot of compliments.

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
I got the same helmet in a matte finish maybe I should get a hawk also!

While at a bike shop this weekend, I saw a blue mohawk that would look quite nice and match my helmet and bike. However, like yours, my helmet has a matte finish. Based on this, I'm not entirely too sure how well the suction cups would hold, and I'm not all that thrilled about using double sided tape.

X