I finally went through with it!

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually winded up taking off the stock muffler to hear it. I found the sound to be very agresive and I actually liked the tone, so I winded up cutting off the stock muffler and running straight 1 3/4 inch pipe all the way to the back to the tail. The pipe was $8 the clamp was $2 and I also bought a small drag pipe baffle off of amazon for like $11. I'm very happy with the sound only down side is its a little ugly with just having that single 1 3/4 pipe there. Overall I'm pretty happy with my $21 exhaust. :):rockon:

If you plan on keeping it like that I'd find a way to out the stock shroud back on to cover it up

I guess you just want to make sure the engine is not negatively effected by removing the back pressure that the muffler provided.

It's not much on looks, but I imagine it sounds great, except to your neighbors. :)

I'd imagine you will have less friends in the future if you continue riding with an open exhaust. You will piss off EVERYONE with that setup.

I think I should be fine. It's not like I just took off the muffler and left it like that. The headers, cat, and all the bends plus I added piping to run it out the tail, and I bought a baffle to put in it. They all should add a little back pressure and the baffle should do a decent amount for back pressure and making a it a little less obnoxious :) thank you all for the advise it game me a few more angles to look at this situation.

Back