I bought an Aprilia and finally took a few pics

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
They are just iPhone pics, but good enough.

aefde4c4-b09e-feb7.jpg

aefde4c4-b0cc-d1c2.jpg

aefde4c4-b0db-c0f7.jpg

It's a 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R and it has 11,000 miles on it. Mods include carbon pipes, heated grips, laminar lip windscreen, and plug for GPS.

I bought it as my FZ6 replacement. I'll be using it for all TW same duties: sport touring, the occasional commute to work, weekend rides, and maybe a track day or two every couple of years.

Im going to get a Giant Loop dry bag system to cover touring duties (I travel light). It already has a tank bag.

4.75 gallon tank but it's thirsty. Fuel range may be a challenge at times, so I may need to carry extra fuel on certain trips.

I'm 6'3" and it is really comfortable (I had rearsets on my FZ).

Anyway, my retirement from the forum is now official. I'm trying to wean myself off the board after 7 years of addiction. I should probably resign from my moderator duties as well...

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a 03 Tuono, the grey and gold, really liked the bike just concerned me about parts. Bought a Super Hawk thinking it would fill the void after the Tuono and it didn't even come close. Came real close last week to getting a Suzuki TL1000S, it was cherry but the miles were high enough that it concerned me after thinking about it for awhile. Something about a high hp twin that handles.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride.
I got to make it out to that spot over SF.

Anyway, my retirement from the forum is now official. I'm trying to wean myself off the board after 7 years of addiction. I should probably resign from my moderator duties as well...

WHAT THE HELL MANG?!
DONT LEAVE US!
:eek:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sweet Nate. :rockon:
Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks....and no, you don't have to wean yourself off the forum. :Flip::D

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Why do you feel you have to leave?
Was it something we said?!? :BLAA:

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels you should stick around!

Oh and nice bike :thumbup:

Last edited:

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for all the helpful information you've left here over the years as your legacy. Your name is usually next to many of the more thoughtful and constructive posts found in the forum.

May your new bike take you on many exciting adventures.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I for one hope you're just taking a more lax approach and won't be abandoning us altogether. My trip this year is a no go, but next year I am going to do the most ludicrous ride I can manage to make up for it and I'd love to see you make it out for a leg of it at the very least.

But that aside all of us here did to thank you for your tireless efforts these past years. So we all pooled our money and went to Quaker State and convinced them to start a new line of products, in your honour.

I present the fruit of those labours:

Defy_CA_1.png

513jLpwi%2BCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:thumbup:

Cheers

P.S. Love the new machine. If I could contort my legs to fit onto an Aprilia I'd love to have one one day. But alas, I have limbs. Haha. Still, they are amazing machines though.

P.S.#2 - that pic posted above from your ride report is probably one of my favorite moto-pics that I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of em on internetland haha. That is a brilliant shot for so many reasons.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
She looks great Nate! You'll have a blast on her.

Come on over the AF1 Forum. :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

Jim, yes I've grown up a little bit over the years. :) Thanks for putting up with me.

Lone and Oaks, that is one of my all time favorite pics. That was such a good solo trip.

Hellgate, I've been posting over there! Part of the reason I want to stay off this forum is so I spend more time learning from the af1 forum.

Lefty, looking forward to it. I'll give you a call to work out the details.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny thing is that just recently, during a ride to work, I remember thinking what if my next bike was not a Yamaha - or well not a FZ6 to be precise... then I had no good excuse to login to fz6-forum... :eek:
I have some strange feeling that most other forums aren't as detailed and fun as this is... I can't even imagine wanting to spend hours in a BMW forum.