I am Buying a PINK FZ6 Cup Bike!

I dont think that is possible...MP (Mystery Pillion...My Missus) is jumping out of her skin...doesnt want to be Brolly Girl though, she wants to get down & dirty and spin spanners in the pits! Bless her heart...:cheer:

Looks like I'd better start dusting off my mankini:thumbup:.

Might even have a shave:eek::spank::spank::spank:.:ban:

Ok folks...Pinky has arrived!!!!!

Here's some pics to get the juices stirring boys!!!

First of all, the bike itself, then with my street FZ6, Then with the new spares...that have never seen the grime of the road, then with all the spares i have accumulated...whilst modifiying my street FZ6!

From the front
View attachment 13785

From the left side
View attachment 13786

From the rear
View attachment 13787

With my street FZ6
View attachment 13788

New Spares!
View attachment 13789

New and secondhand spares!
View attachment 13790

Am pretty damn impressed with my purchase...still lots to do re tidying her up...but Gazza ( My Mechanic...and "Mr Fixit"...stuff the bike shops! Buddy), and me are onto it....going to take her out for a track day this weekend for a GENTLE blat around our local "goat track"...Mallala, to see how the little girl runs at the track!!!

Lets hope she's in the pink!

:rockon:

:drool: :jawdrop: :smoking: :sinister: :bow: :aus: :thumbup:

I guess that means you like?! :D

You know the Manager of Yamaha Racing Team in Australia told me it had no power commander installed before i bought it!

When i rode it tonight, it felt like it had one...so it was off with the seat, and sure enough, there she was a PC111 lurking under the seat! Yay!

Have also worked out that the Ohlins steering damper can be installed on a stock FZ6 with normal bars too...guess what the next mod on "Damien", my street FZ6 is going to be???

Also, bike handles like it is running on rails....:D

I guess that means you like?! :D

You know the Manager of Yamaha Racing Team in Australia told me it had no power commander installed before i bought it!

When i rode it tonight, it felt like it had one...so it was off with the seat, and sure enough, there she was a PC111 lurking under the seat! Yay!

Have also worked out that the Ohlins steering damper can be installed on a stock FZ6 with normal bars too...guess what the next mod on "Damien", my street FZ6 is going to be???

Also, bike handles like it is running on rails....:D

awesome on the "free" PCIII and yes it means I like it.....and words were failing me at the moment! :rockon: you got two and I can't even ride mine :banghead: AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!

those are some interesting clip-ons you got there wolfy!

They are Woodcraft....very limited steering lock...no good for turning at a stop, but they dont hit the tank, as the Ohlins steering damper prevents such drama...Gotta say, they feel great when you ride the bike, put you right where you wanna be on a race bike, right over the front wheel, and they also make it very easy to get down behind the screen.

:thumbup:

amazing!!! can't wait to hear from you about the riding experience on the track... you thinking of making your street FZ pink too? :rof:

amazing!!! can't wait to hear from you about the riding experience on the track... you thinking of making your street FZ pink too? :rof:

Taking her out for her first ride day this Saturday! Cant Wait...Dunlop Sportsmax GP tyres that are on there are a little fried, but should do the job for a quick shake down run...

As for my street bike...he is staying black as black!

:rockon:

:D good stuff! Any of the aussie crew coming with you to cheer you on and take pics?

Be careful with the tires... If you think they're fried, why not get a new set? It's a piece of mind especially when you know that these tires have already been thrashed... and I would hate to hear about a slide due to crappy tires...

In any case, HAVE A LOT OF FUN BRO!

+1 to Wavex...I think if you might need new tires, that you should get them. You've spent all this cash to get the bike and you won't want to ruin it just cuz you didn't cover ALL the bases...ya know?

Besides, my money is thinking that you're gonna get on that track and be blazing around all the other crazies by the end of the day so you'll want the quality tires. Just spend 2 sessions scrubbing them in :thumbup: then you're gonna WANT to ROMP on them because the bike makes you feel goooooooood

:D good stuff! Any of the aussie crew coming with you to cheer you on and take pics?

Be careful with the tires... If you think they're fried, why not get a new set? It's a piece of mind especially when you know that these tires have already been thrashed... and I would hate to hear about a slide due to crappy tires...

In any case, HAVE A LOT OF FUN BRO!

Ozzieboy is coming along, as will be my mate Gazza (Mechanic, Mr Fixit), and my big buddy, Silverback.

Am taking 3 sets of tyres...so will see how the tyres that are on there, hold up first, then if they show signs of drama, will come in for a new set...will be doing 6 x 15 minute sessions.

I do not plan on going too hard this weekend, more of a shake down, sort out suspension settings, etc...

Am guessing you will be doing similar with your new bike this weekend??

Ummm did I miss something?? When is the third bike coming? Or for that matter it looks like it might be twins!!

13788d1236689226-i-am-buying-pink-fz6-cup-bike-p1110414-resize-crop.jpg

The proud ma and pa

13790d1236689226-i-am-buying-pink-fz6-cup-bike-p1110429-resize.jpg

The nursery where it all comes together... i suggest a bigger crib

Back