Huge Miliage Increase???

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased my 07 FZ6 in June of this year with 10500 miles on it - I just went to look at the ODO to check on oil change timing at it is reading 18534 - I have not driven that much nor been to south america on it - whats going on here?

I purchased my 07 FZ6 in June of this year with 10500 miles on it - I just went to look at the ODO to check on oil change timing at it is reading 18534 - I have not driven that much nor been to south america on it - whats going on here?

You might have accidentally switched the meter over to reading kilometers rather than miles.... pretty easy to do.

10500 mi. = 16898.112 km so i agree with RJ2112. Just hold the SELECT buton for about 2 seconds and it will switch back.

Sweet pickles batman - you guys were right on. I must have done that after unplugging the battery the other day to install a USB power supply. Thanks :)

Sweet pickles batman - you guys were right on. I must have done that after unplugging the battery the other day to install a USB power supply. Thanks :)

The symptom is most noticeable when you pull away from a gas station in town, and find your speedometer is telling you you're doing 60+ in a 45 MPH zone, and traffic is pulling away from you.....:eek:

THEN you notice the KPH :spank:

THEN you sit somewhere trying to figure out what button to poke to make it 'right' :(

:welcome:

Once I thought my bike was running real cool, like frosty cool. I was thinking "Shouldn't it say low if it's 90 degrees?!?!" DUH!

Try being in the opposite situation. Changed the speedo in a sports car I used to own to mph from kmph without realizing. Found myself doing 100mph on a 100Km\hr road. I was wondering why everyone was driving so slow.

Back