How to secure parking sticker

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since my bike has been down, my apartments started requiring parking stickers on the front of the rear view mirror on cages. There's quite a few illegitimate people living here who'd like to park closer, so I'm pretty sure the sticker would get stolen on the first night if I left it on the bike.

Any suggestions to secure it better?

phranK2k11

Chat Camper :)
Reaction score
Visit site
Your info says pile of 05' parts, so I assume you have an 05'. The pic looks to be a "N" model. Is that correct? is it a 05' FZ6N that you're inquiring about?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
- Laminate and tape to swing arm (same problem tho)
- Superimpose your apt number over the sticker so they don't take it? Prolly won't stop them either. . .

That is a problem now isn't it. . .

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I would put it on one of the front forks, or on one of the swingarms. Every time I have read instructions for parking passes, they say to put it on the front fork of a motorcycle.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
2 years ago in broad daylight someone scratched my front fender and also partially destroyed my parking permit trying to peel it off..the thing cost 14 dollars..why would you even risk the confrontation? Anyways, its tough to put a permit on the bike, and even if you tape/glue it in place, expect someone to destroy something trying to get it off. If there is the smallest chance, I would not leave it on the bike. You can probably figure out something with the parking people.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While looking around at the partial bike in my living room, I've decided to loosen the clamps on the triple tree, slide the fork tubes down a bit, and put the sticker on so one of the clamps holds it down. That way it's impossible to remove without destroying it.

BTW, this is the pile as it sits.

donebike1.jpg

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with the placement. I'm not sure I'd have anything in-between the triple tree clamps and the forks, after all, they are controlling the steering of the beast... Wouldn't want anything jeapordising the stability of the bike.

Perhaps a laminated piece of paper stuck to the forks saying "see owner for permit - apartment xx".

:rockon:

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
how big are your apartments who checks the stickers surely you could just provide your license plate number

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All those beer bottles are Shiner anniversary brews that I collect. However the case behind the front wheel is full.

If the edge of a small sticker in a clamp was enough to screw up the steering, I'm sure my eyeballing the front alignment will do me in way before that. :D

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to see the bike coming back together, looks great so far!!

As for the parking bit, i'd say figuring out something with the people in charge would be the best bet, would be a shame if someone scratched/knocked over your bike trying to get a sticker off so they could park more conveniently :spank:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They said put in the visitor parking if I don't want a sticker.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
no, I won't affix a parking crapsticker to my bike.... here's why:

if they're actually patrolling, and towing cars, they're used to seeing your bike. EVERY FREAKING DAY, IN THE SAME GENERAL AREA. if they have problems id'ing your bike they aren't paying enough attention, hence the parking problem.

next thing you'll tell me is they charge for it.... another damned tax hidden as a "securrity".

awesome.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is too much work when simply adding your bike and plate to list should do but plexi-glass is pretty handy as you can warm it in the oven and shape it to just about any form you want. Then secure it with tamper proof hex caps. That'll stop 95% of them.

Find two bolts on the bike that are in sight and form a cover over them.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, the plexiglass idea is great. I'm going to get some longer screws for the front brake reservoir so I can use some lexan to clamp the sticker down on top of the cover. At least that way it'll require hand tools kind of like the tax disc holders across the pond.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Permit installed. I used Lexan so it could handle the bolts cranking down on it like that.

permit.jpg