How to lose 1.3kg for no cost

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure a lot have already done this, but I just removed my pillion footpegs and helmet lock, and weighed the offending hardware at 1.3kg (about 3lbs). Nice.

I was impressed that access to the footpeg brackets is so easy, and that they aren't a part of any attachments (eg to exhaust hangers etc). Sweet for someone like me who rarely carries a pillion and only all of 30 secs to re-attach.

And I never use the helmet lock.

Is there anything else that can be jettisoned I haven't picked up yet?

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pillion pegs came off my bike too - looks so much tidier.

As for the helmet lock, I do use that so it'll stay for me.

Just getting rid of the stock pipes - that saved a lot of weight. Can't believe the difference in weight between my CF scorps and the original pipes/heat shield. Bloody heavy!

CF wheels would be the only thing - oh for a lotto win :cheer:

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I'd love some Dymags or something. My ti pipes are on their way so looking forward to more weight savings there.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, my bike weighs just under 160kg's with half a tank of fuel! Weight saving's gained in the following area's...

Exhaust....Titanium Slip on's...weigh 13kg's less than OEM muffler!

Braking Wave diacs...about half the weight of OEM disc's

Vatermoto Rearsets...weigh something like 2.5kg's less than OEM!

Fender Elimiator....take another 2.5kg's

There is 20kg's there!

Then there is stuff like Mini LED indicators, braided lines, etc, all weigh less than OEM.

Am figuring that if i get my full Ti exhaust, including headers, i will lose another 5-7kg's...

And if i got really serious and got some Carbon Wheels....

:thumbup:

But all this costs lots of money!!!!

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
13kg with a ti exhaust, are you f-ing serious!!?! That's insane, I expected maybe 6kg max. 2.5 on the fender elim is making me rethink that one too. Rearsets, again more than I expected.

Man 160kg half full is ridiculous.

PS I don't count weight loss because you can do that anyway, and the lighter you are, the more sensitive you are to a change in the bike's weight so it's apples and oranges.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
13kg with a ti exhaust, are you f-ing serious!!?! That's insane, I expected maybe 6kg max. 2.5 on the fender elim is making me rethink that one too. Rearsets, again more than I expected.

Man 160kg half full is ridiculous.

PS I don't count weight loss because you can do that anyway, and the lighter you are, the more sensitive you are to a change in the bike's weight so it's apples and oranges.

Just take your FZ6 OEM Exhaust off and hold it in yopur hands.....it is freaking heavy....and is built like a Car Exhaust...one huge collector box, with 3 chambers, and two exit pipes at the end...it is diabolical! this weight loss does include taking off the plastic shroud as well!

View attachment 27570

:eek: