How NOT to street fighter you FZ6!!!

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
So I spoke to the insurance assessor today on the phone. When I mentioned the rear subframe lugs had snapped off the mainframe he said "hold the line a minute, I just ned to consult the senior assessor". He came back pretty quick and said they wouldn't even be out to look at it, it's writen off! So I guess that's the last I see of the (not so) old girl!...

I'll have to see what comes of the vehicle and injury settlement now. Doctor diagnosed whiplash yesterday so that's another thing to add to the claim, like bertmoog says, could work out for me, although I'd rather not have a broken ankle!...

I spoke to my dealer about an FZ1, didn't realize how much they were new but I love 'em with the full fairing. He reckons I wouldn't like the riding position for my daily commute but they'll have the FZ8 in by the time I'm healed and the FZ8's position is very similar to the FZ6. Only problem is I don't see a lower fairing option in the accessories catalogue for the FZ8. Anyone know any different?

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Bad news today. Went back to hospital to get my back slab cast removed and have a fiberglass cast fitted but the surgeon inspected the x-rays and said the fracure was displaced and needs pinning! I'm going in at 0730 tomorrow for the op, joy! I'll have pins in both my ankles after this! Oh well, another thing to add to the list for the injury claim!

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! I hope you heal up soon. Did you make sure they used titanium for your new bionic parts? You might as well upgrade right?

Get better soon and back on the road!

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! I hope you heal up soon. Did you make sure they used titanium for your new bionic parts? You might as well upgrade right?

Get better soon and back on the road!

Haha, yeah, got them from ProBolt. Should knock at least 0.5s off my morning commute! :rof:

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you heal up quick! If you're looking for something with a little more oomph (is that a word?) and still comfortable for daily riding and available with a full fairing, have you checked out the Suzuki Bandit?

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jonno,

I thought of you on Sunday when I was in George White's in Swindon and saw an Autumn Orange FZ6 for sale . . . .

Any updates on how the healing is going ?
Did you buy the salvage and brake it yourself?
What you getting as a replacement?

Take care. :thumbup: