How much space between chin & chin-bar?

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a new helmet to day, Scorp exo 900. It was tight at first but would be right after a few hours. My problem as my chin came in contact with the chin-bar. If i shifted it a round a little my chin just clears the bar. I am returning for the next larger size. Is there a rule of thumb for this? Thanks

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
Dont get a larger size just because your chin hits the front. Although very important there is room there, you then are not going to have the correct fit to your head.

The snug fit around your head is imo, more important. Sounds like you may need another brand / make of helmet.

Also good luck in taking back a helmet you've bought, You wouldn't be able to do that here in the UK. They can't resell is as they don't know if you've dropped it etc.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont get a larger size just because your chin hits the front. Although very important there is room there, you then are not going to have the correct fit to your head.

The snug fit around your head is imo, more important. Sounds like you may need another brand / make of helmet.

Well said about the fit. I put many helmets back on the shelf for that very reason. . .

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, when your chin hits the bar, the tender typically cuts you off and throws you out! :spank: :rof: :rof: :rof:

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Every FF helmet I have owned, I could jut my jaw forward, and touch my chin to the inside of the bar. Or pucker up, and kiss it. (I know, TMI)

The less space there is between your face and the bar, the less air can blow up there. That's not a bad thing.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I can hit the bar of my AGV K4 when I push my jaw forward. Wasn't overly keen with it at first, but it was the only one I could find at the time that snug around my head. Haven't had a problem (yet). Time wil tell, if I do come off and the helmet whacks my jaw and send it through the back of my skull:eek::confused: