How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

Bought about 3 months ago, used 07 with 4500 miles, with right side damage. $2,100.00 (plus sales tax, tag etc with a new rear tire not mounted)

I replaced approx $1300 in parts. (new gas tank, ft cowling, fairing stay, rt engine cover, rt side cover, inner fairings, mirror, etc)

Scott

Hi, I just bought a new 09 last week for 7200.00 otd. here in Honolulu, Hawaii. Was the last 09 in the state! Very happy with it!! Kula

Bought a new 09 OTD $7500 US (includes sales, inventory, documentation, franchise, etc taxes plus lic, inspection, etc)

Last edited:
Paid $2000 US for my '04 with 20,000 miles. Has a quarter sized dent in tank, a repaired crack in upper fairing and an abrasion on the saddle bars and clutch cover, all on the left side from a standing tip over. Other than that the bike looks brand new. Has a lower fairing, Puig Windscreen, Dual headlight mod. Surprisingly it had the owners manual and tool kit as well.

I am buying new Michelin Pilot Power 2 CTs because the back is near the indicator and there is a new Schenko on the front. Frame Sliders are next on my list. Shop quoted $150 to repair and repaint the tank and saddle bar. Not in a big hurry for that.

Last edited:
Hi,

My FZ6 was brand new on purchase in summer 2006 for £5.200 GBP

It was the shiny red fully faired one in the shop window, I just had to have it!!!

Kaz

Leftover 2008, brand new. 5249.99 otd. Bought in Mississippi, but I live in Alabama. So I still have to pay tax when I register it. I think I am going to be out somewhere in the neighborhood of $5400.

I live in SLC Utah, Bought mine used in Feb 2010 at the dealer for $3500 ($4000 OTD) its an 2008 with 5000 miles, One owner not a scratch on it!

In June 2009, I paid $5600 OTD (2008 model); it was FZ1inNH's previous bike. I paid a little more than I was hoping but no biggie since I got a history of the bike.

Dennis

I just bought a 06 with 8500 miles one owner not a single scratch for 3000 otd cheapest one I found besides a 04 katana which I didn't want.

Last November I spent $2700 for a 2006 with about 9000 miles on the clock. I'm the third owner, and it's been dropped on both sides (stop-and-flops), as the scratches on the engine block will attest. Scratches are not an issue for me, though I have added Motovation frame sliders.

So far I've put on about 300 miles since pulling her out of winter storage, and I'm loving it!

I made every noob mistake in the book back in late '07 when I bought mine. I told them I'm walking out the door unless we start at $1000 off sticker, and they did it. It was my first bike purchase and it seemed like a lot off a bike but now I realize that's only like 15% off. I could have probably started by asking $2000 off or more!:rolleyes: In the end it was something like $5800 plus tax and fees but the dealer got me with extended service and whatnot. Bastards. :spank:

If I were to do it all over again I would have definitely bought a used bike, and not from a dealer. C'est la vie. At least I love my FZ-6!

Back