How much did you $spend on your fz6? $7200

Re: My Price

I paid $ 8.680 for my new 2007 FZ6 Fazer in May this year (Belgium - Europe) and Yamaha was giving a big fat discount.

I paid $4500 for an 04 with 4000 miles on it. That included a full coverage helment. I bought it from an individual in Alabama in June 08.

People should say what year they bought the bike. Buying an 04 in 05 is a lot different than buying an 04 in 08.

Got my cobalt blue 2008 with 1,845 miles in the first half of October 2008.
The OTD price came to $5,350; the bike was pretty much bone stock except for the fairing decals that had been stripped.

My new 08 was $7,477 out the door. Bought it at Yamaha of Southern IL.

- Unit $6999
- Handling $99
- tax $246
- Doc Fees $49
- License fees $84

I bought a new 07 last March for $6200.00. My long time best friend is the sales manager at Beaverton Honda Yamaha and I got the family deal.

its in Singapore dollars....well plus taxes, insurance, interest, coe

haha, u wouldnt wanna know how much a car cost here.

I bought my 08 FZ6 mid to end summer of 08. I got it for $8,300.

The bike was $7,100
The 5 year warranty was $500.
Pa state tax was like $600
Then there was a bunch of other random crap they charged for tags and fee's...ended up bringing it to somewhere around $8,300

That included though the first service, leather jacket, gloves, and 2 helmets, and a full tank of gas.

Maybe not the best deal but i squeezed the accessories out him so better than if I'd've (that's right, triple contraction) walked away with just the bike. Think I got a good deal?

The bike itself, Not really. Most of us have gotten our bike for around $7,000 with tax and title included so that's what you should have paid.

So the five year warranty, first service which runs around $200 at 600 miles, and your gear ended up costing you another $1200 - $1300 dollars.

Depending what the extended warranty covers, and how many miles you end up riding a year, and what kind of disrecpencies you will find on your bike during the course of those five years, you will may or may not come out ahead.

Personally, I wish I had purchased the extended warranty. As my Fizzer is my only ride, I log about 13,000 miles a year. I've already had to spend some money getting my bike repaired. No matter how much I paid, I would have come out ahead buying the extended warranty.

Now my roomate bought the extended warranty on his R6, he paid too much just beause he doesn't ride it very much. It just sits in the garage most of the time. I'ts over a year old, and I don't think he even has 3000 miles on the bike.

The bike itself, Not really. Most of us have gotten our bike for around $7,000 with tax and title included so that's what you should have paid.

So the five year warranty, first service which runs around $200 at 600 miles, and your gear ended up costing you another $1200 - $1300 dollars.

Depending what the extended warranty covers, and how many miles you end up riding a year, and what kind of disrecpencies you will find on your bike during the course of those five years, you will may or may not come out ahead.

Personally, I wish I had purchased the extended warranty. As my Fizzer is my only ride, I log about 13,000 miles a year. I've already had to spend some money getting my bike repaired. No matter how much I paid, I would have come out ahead buying the extended warranty.

Now my roomate bought the extended warranty on his R6, he paid too much just beause he doesn't ride it very much. It just sits in the garage most of the time. I'ts over a year old, and I don't think he even has 3000 miles on the bike.

I know I paid too much for my bike because I was so pumped getting another bike after a seven year break! But, I got over because I bought an extended warranty and 3 year service plan for $1,000. I put 52,000 miles in the three year period and would have had more if I had not had an accident and multiple TDY trips!

I spend 8,750€ for my '08 Fazer ABS on July here in greece, it's about 11,500 $. :ban: the tax system. It's expensive but i don't regret! It's ok if you think that i spend that money for THE FASTEST BLACK ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

Total cost of my 2006 was $5,000
That included a 2006 FZ6 w/16k miles, with over $1500 worth of mods on it,
taxes, title, 3 year warranty, and a new helmet.

From a dealer too.

I live in Southaven MS, and I gave 4600.00 plus 240.00 for taxes and tag for my 07 FZ6 with 2680mi on it. It needed and is getting a little TLC, but it is worth it.

Ohio...

'08 FZ6 MSRP $6999.00 --->

5 year warranty... $1000.00--->

$7999.00 plus tax and fees etc came to $9100.00--->

but I talked them down enough for it to be $8000.00 out the door.

Bought my 2006 FZ6 used off Craigslist in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The original owner bought the bike in September 08 and sold it to me at the end of October. He put 540 miles on it and sold it to me for $4,000.00.

Back