How many miles did you get in the 2011 riding season?

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I know the forum usually holds a contest but i know alot of us northeast people are putting out bikes away for the season so i just kind of wanted to see how many people put on this year before they put it away.... I'll look in the morning and snap a pic or two but i believe it's somewhere in the 3600-4k range since i got it in July... missed alot of the riding season :( That being said i haven't put the bike "away" lol. It was 60F here today and got a nice little late season ride in.

This being my first season with a roadbike i fear the withdrawl once the snow falls will be brutal :( I love winter but i can't wait for spring this year :thumbup:

So anyways, how many miles did you guys get in the 2011 season? Or what are you up to so far?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Was in the 80's here t'day! :rockon:And I didn't get a ride in!:(

I think I have about 9000 miles for this year and naturally that's because we have decent weather all year round.

We have members out there that are hard core! :D I'm interested in what miles they'll be posting.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping to rack up alot more next season... missed alot of last year-I've got some making up to do :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With a three day ride I have planned for next weekend it should finish out 2011 with around 7500 miles, all of which were recreational. One of the few perks of living in the Republic of California. :Sport:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 8,000 miles this season with probably a few hundred more before the really tough weather rolls in. It might have been higher if this past winter hadn't been so severe.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This being my first season with a roadbike i fear the withdrawl once the snow falls will be brutal :( I love winter but i can't wait for spring this year :thumbup:

So anyways, how many miles did you guys get in the 2011 season? Or what are you up to so far?

Roughly 4200 miles...

Ditto - First year on s street bike - d00ubled the miles the bike had when I bought taking it from 41xx to 83xx!
She's parked now as the rain is near non-stop so we'll see ya next year kid!

Last edited:

MarkG813

Reaction score
Visit site
My season started late (May) and i've logged 9,000 miles and still counting. Still trying to stretch out a couple more weeks before i retire the 2011 season.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About 6700 for me, almost 2000 of that went to the NJ rides with Erci:rockon:

Got out for a 100 mile ride today......season aint over yet:Flip:

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I bought the FZ this summer toward the end of the season with 2982 miles on it, I just rolled over 6000 on Thanksgiving, which I fear was the last ride of the year :( . So 3000 miles on the FZ, plus I put about 2500 on the KLR this year so a total of 5500. Not too bad considering our weather up here!

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I got in almost 12,000 mi. Alot of it was going to races. Daytona,Miller Motor Sport Park(WSB),Indy(MGP) and the Barber Vintage Festival.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
This year I rode from May until the end of October and racked up right around 7500 miles.

I put the bike away after the first week in November when we had a cold spell (was around 35* F during my morning commutes) but am now regretting the decision as we have had decent weather since. Oh well.

Next season I plan to ride from April all the way through November weather permitting.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Over here in the UK the winter weather is not severe but is unpleasant so don't ride a lot until March. This year I've done less than usual, only did 13000miles, partly because I wasn't running weekly ride outs for any dealers this year. Bought the bike as a low miler, traded it in as the opposite, just bought a 2010 FZ6N with 2000 miles on, by this time next year it'll two years ols and probably have about 15000 on the clock, how to destroy the value of a bike