How many miles before you started modding?

How many miles did you put on your moto before modding it?

• 0-100 miles

Votes: 184 49.2%
  • 100-300 miles

Votes: 47 12.6%
  • 300-500 miles

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • 500-1000 miles

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • 1000+ miles

Votes: 89 23.8%

• Total voters

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to buy bikes used but typically start changing stuff in in the first week or so. If I get a hundred miles on a bike before I change something, it was only because I was waiting on parts. :)

First mod is progrip gel grips. :) They really soak up a lot of vibration.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
TIRES DONT COUNT AS A MOD UNLESS YOU CHANGE TO KNOBBYS!! its a maintenace purchase. its like counting synthetic oil as a mod. honestly i have a touring screen and hardly count that as a mod as it is a Yamaha part. but i did do that after the first thousand and as i have nothing els on the bike, i did vote 1000+.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually started modding BEFORE I purchased my bike! I order a fender eliminater kit from ebay!! :)

same same, before I took delivery I had frame sliders installed - within a week the tank protector, another week rim tape, and then read my signature its all in order in the past 9 months, with the axle oggies last friday night...... just clocking up 5000 k's

on the way home from work last night picked up some motorrad airflow 2 gloves, coming into summer, thought I'd get a headstart

ChaosCrayons

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my FZ6 in September at 2700 miles and it is went into storage in November at 4200. This is my first bike since childhood dirt bikes so I kind of made myself promise not to do any modding because it is likely going to end up laying on the ground a few times while I figure this out :D. Mods will likely start this winter with minor things I have issues with, like rear fender eliminator, LED tail light, new front LED blinkers, new rear seat bag.... thats just the start of my list :BLAA:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I put oggys (frame sliders) and axel oggys on before it left the shop. And when I got home (50km) it got the 2 bros with fe, bar ends, rack, and a few other little bits. I actully had the pipes and rack sitting there for weeks before I bought the bike :)

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered lower fairings the day I bought it. They didn't arrive for a few weeks, and in that time I got an exhaust. I'm counting placing the order as modding, so 0miles, even though I probably had 500 or so before the pieces actually got put on.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my bike with sliders mounted already. First thing I did was to shave the rear hugger. Looks way better. Then added a Barracuda windscreen (mine is naked), Tomok-style mirrors (knockoffs), levers (Pazzo knockoffs). Now waiting for FZ1 bars and Racetech springs to come by mail, and planning on brake-lines, LED signals and last item: Two Bros exhaust system with FE included. But not sure about this as it's kinda pricey and also needs a silencer to be legit and nice-sounding.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
My first real mods were at about 6000 miles- SW-Motech top rack an Oxford heated grips. My first minor mods were within the first 1000 miles- painted my windscreen, added a 12 volt accessory plug, and a RAM mount for my GPS. I've been hesitant to add sliders to this bike but I think that will be next mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dadeadlyraccoon

Reaction score
Visit site
After riding it home in the rain after I bought it used I ripped off the fender, shaved my levers, bought new drag bars, bar ends and grips the next day. After two months of owning it I am now officially pissed at how quiet it is so exhaust is next. I can almost not hear the motor at all in town or the freeway with the low noose in my helmet and the wind, soooo frustrating!!

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
bought the bike new, first mod was exhaust and that was then there was about 3k miles on the bike.

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the bike about 60 miles from my house, the night that I brought it home I installed my Clearwater Glenda lights.

I don't like riding without them because I feel like cars give me more respect and second looks when they are on, so I wanted to get them on as quickly as possible.

Shockwave

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't even bought mine yet and I'm on here trying to figure out what mods I'm gonna do, I know it has gram sliders on it so I think the dual headlight mod will be one of my first. Hoping to pick up my bike this weekend.

CIrrthum10

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode mine about 10 miles before i got led signals and a FE to get rid of the big orange blobs for turn signals. Next is the dual headlight mod and maybe a little painting of the front fairing, we will see. I want to add more silver instead of the black

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to say 1000 but its only cause I didn't know how or were to get or do mods but I was dreaming about it after the first time I saw it

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm about 1500 in, and planning to get naked conversion kit, but I'm not sure if you'd consider that modding with OEM parts. Might get a buddy to paint the tank & side panels, though. It's nice having friends that work in auto restoration. :D :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chickenz

Big Wide B*****d
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought the bike used and it came with crash bungs and an official bellypan. Then I added a 33bhp restrictor kit due to uk licensing rules. Single seat conversion/pillion seat cover was next before putting the 1098 exhausts on. Last summer I added a K&N filter and a puig race screen and adjustable levers. Lastly just this week I cut down the 1098 exhausts.

Out of work atm but I would love to put either an S2 swingarm on, get a second subframe so I could cut the pillion pegs off and get them painted black. Then change the forks.

Gotta have something to aim for :D

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: How many miles before you started modding?

Bought the bike used and it came with crash bungs and an official bellypan. Then I added a 33bhp restrictor kit due to uk licensing rules. Single seat conversion/pillion seat cover was next before putting the 1098 exhausts on. Last summer I added a K&N filter and a puig race screen and adjustable levers. Lastly just this week I cut down the 1098 exhausts.

Out of work atm but I would love to put either an S2 swingarm on, get a second subframe so I could cut the pillion pegs off and get them painted black. Then change the forks.

Gotta have something to aim for :D

Would you have a pic of that single seat, and where you got it? I'm curious. PM is ok by me if you think that might derail this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2