How many miles before you started modding?

How many miles did you put on your moto before modding it?

• 0-100 miles

Votes: 184 49.2%
  • 100-300 miles

Votes: 47 12.6%
  • 300-500 miles

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • 500-1000 miles

Votes: 36 9.6%
  • 1000+ miles

Votes: 89 23.8%

• Total voters

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered my frame sliders and bike lowering after driving approx. 800 meters, from the seller and back to my work place.

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
I had about 30 miles on her when I ordered the following: Puig Race Screen, Scorpion Exhaust, T-Rex Fame Sliders, Fender Eliminator, Yamaha Lower Cowel and Micro Turn Signals (for the rear). It should all be on before I hit 150miles!

When I had my 2005 FZ6 I didn't get around to changing anything until I hit around 1000 miles.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a good question to everyone:
How many miles did you put on your moto, before starting to mod it from stock?

If I can't ride 400 miles comfortably on a bike, the seat and windscreen is the first thing to go in favor of aftermarket alternatives.

Fred

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
other than you guys that had stuff put on at the dealer how can you guys mod that soon?? esp. if the bike is brand new?? i find i cant stay off it long enough to do mods i worry more about getting the break in miles done so i can "ride" it.

on the fz for the price (see about $100 to fix the peg and pass peg braket) to get the bike and it had the pipes on. so about 300 miles and i pulled the stickers off the pipes, then several thousand before anything else major. then about 7k after getting it it got or is waiting to get sliders, shaved seat, lowering,flush mounts, fe, set of tires

the tiger i bought new and took off the sticers and pulled fairings to claybar and wax at about 300 miles (see about two days after getting it) then at just under 1000 it got pipe and tune ( about 20 days) date of sale was 4-21-09 7 miles on odo, first service 5-1-09 492 miles, pipe and tune 5-11-09 980 miles ,started a bb1500 on 5-15-09 1500miles and on 5-16-09 had 3000, and nothing else but miles from there 5200 as of 9-18-09 when it went in the shop..

Last edited:

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a Puig screen, FE off ebay and T-Rex sliders as soon as I got it home from the dealership. Later I added Buell 1" lower footpegs, had to replace these after the right side one broke. Ordered Vario pegs and Kaoko cruise control from Twisted Throttle. Love the pegs and cruise control. Just sent my seat to Spencers to have it reworked on Thursday, should have it back next Friday. I also have Saddlemen semi-rigid luggage installed (Saddle bags and Tail bag) and a Firstgear tankbag. That should be it for this year. ;)

Last edited:

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It took me about 700 miles, only because I left on a road trip the day I rode the bike home from the dealership. Then I did what most everyone else on this site does; one add-on at a time. Will they ever stop? I hope not!

spidersden

Reaction score
Visit site
0 miles for me as well.

I was waiting on myself to heal up from surgery before I could ride, so we delivered the bike to the warehouse at work. Then we went ahead and stripped the back half of the bike to the frame to install the Givi V35 saddlebags. The act of drilling holes in a bike that I hadn't even got to ride was as painful as the surgery :D

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I put shogun frame sliders on 2 miles into ownership being a new rider and all. Now I have 100 miles and lots of cold weather to keep me busy in the garage.

Next it will be the famous BD43 headlight mod

After that possibly -1 / +2 520

Windscreen? maybe. After I ride her for awhile I will decide

then who knows.. I've got a jonesin going on for carbor fiber scrorpions

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
0 - 100 miles.

First thing I did when i got home was took a good look and said "something about my windscreen doesn't look right"

so i ripped her off and painted her black.

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
As soon as I decide to keep the bike...there's always something to add, but I don't want to put anything on it unless I plan to keep it for a bit...with possible exception to inexpensive add on's that make the ride more enjoyable.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Officially 1534 miles. :)

4384468401_64e5864e8a.jpg

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got frame sliders (thanks Steven) which I'll put on the bike as soon as I get back home.
I have a back seat bag which is on it's way.

Pending to do:
pod lights
projector lights
LEDs (tail and brake lights)
brigther turn signals

long term:
battery socket & cellphone mount (to use it as GPS) over the cluster and protected with the windshield
back hard case or saddle bags
puig windshield

the more I see here the more I want to add!!!!!!!! This place is so dangerous but much more informative

Sparky10

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just over 1000 miles on my bike currently. I have a Top Saddlery seat on the way, as well as T-Rex frame sliders and swing arm spools. So I chose 1000+.

Now, I did put a clear tank pad on when I picked the bike up @ the dealership w/ 0 miles on it. But I don't really think of that as a mod.