how fast have you gone?

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
158 indicated so probably 140.....my gf said it was 151 indicated on her gixxer, she's all stock I'm -1 up front.

I don't really get much thrill from going fast up top, does nothing for me. I wouldn't care if she topped out at 120, I just with she got there faster :thumbup: +2 out back maybe?

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
136MPH with stock FZ6 on a 15-20ish degree incline with more to give. Over 100 really id rather be on a true SS so I could hug the gas tank better. Hugging the tank on the FZ6 puts you in such a awkward riding position.

158 indicated so probably 140.....my gf said it was 151 indicated on her gixxer, she's all stock I'm -1 up front.

I need a girl who wants/has a bike.....doubles is only fun if you are trying to get laid!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
128 km/h seems pretty low, what are speed limits like down under? That's pretty much cruising speed for a lot of vehicles on the motorway, and police won't really do much unless it's over 90-100mph.

on most freeways its either 100 or 110 kmshour The popo are onto it pretty quick if traffic starts to exceed the limit in a particular stretch and set up speed cameras- they LOVE revenue
general street traffic is 60 - 70kmh and down to 40 near schools sububan side streets are 50 This is in Victoria it can vary from state to state but they are all pretty close

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I have noticed that once the front end stays down my R1 just KEEPS. PULLING.
I had it twisted all the way on the FZ for several seconds to get to 150, winding out every gear,
the R1, rolled onto it in 6th and while tucked in it was like nothing was happening, pulled so hard until I slowed for a turn, which i took at 140 then rolled into it a tad more....race tracks are awesome ;)

the pic is while the road was closed off for construction, i know one of the guys that lays the asphalt and he said it was cool as long as they werent there...

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
2007 FZ6 135mph and it still had more to give.... Didnt want to get pulled over, it was the first day I got the bike, I drove it from San Diego to Anaheim, CA middle of the night on a Sunday. It also started raining after the check point. I was really impress and happy. The FZ is my first FI bike.... :BLAA:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
it has its ups and downs.....no pun intended :D

Having an extra 110 pounds on the bike sure shows off the weak suspension - but the girlfriend loves it and doesn't realize how much less fun the ride is (for me) with her on the back. But having her on the back does keep me from hooning it up, and there's very little better than easily finding parking on a busy street when you're late for dinner reservations. Also I like the feeling of her tightening her grip after I give her a couple taps on the knee (my way of saying, we're about to goose it, hold on).

2 up with my roommate though, every bit of 6'3'' 240lbs. That's fun. I was fighting to keep the nose down, and was glad that I was only taking him a mile or so to pick up his bike. Never again.

DBL

Reaction score
Visit site
1978 DT175E - 70MPH GPS confirmed
2010 Versys - 110MPH
2008 Silverado Z71 4X4 - 110MPH
1995 Saturn SL2 - 110MPH
2012 WR250R - 92MPH GPS confirmed
2012 Silverado LTZ 4X4 - 115MPH with my just purchased FZ6 riding in the back :)
2007 EVTAmerica Z20b electric scooter - 42MPH GPS confirmed

Had my FZ6 up to at least 100MPH but I've only had it a few weeks so I'm sure I'll top it out eventually but I need a better windshield first and I'm installing a 17T front sprocket to reduce the RPM's for cruising and to correct the speedo.

P.S. Both Silverados have been programmed with a SuperChips which removes the speed limiter that kicks in just under 100MPH which is dangerous out where I live because the SH130 toll road has an 80MPH speed limit and passing sometimes requires triple digits to get around the slow traffic. :D

Last edited:

Nzero

Reaction score
Visit site
132 indicated on my stock 05 FZ6. It still had more to give, but I figured that was enough pushing my luck. :spank:

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
143 indicated on the way to Crater Lake. I don't think I will do it again either, but my son who was in law enforcement took his BMW 1200S to 165. He just wanted to set a new max speed on his GPS.

Doc

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys can scream "track" all y'all want, even with the fast accell of the 6 or even liter bikes. 99% of the tracks out there doesn't have a straight stretch to house a 180mph pull from an r1.

Fz6- 150.
2006 eclipse- 145.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
143 indicated on the way to Crater Lake. I don't think I will do it again either, but my son who was in law enforcement took his BMW 1200S to 165. He just wanted to set a new max speed on his GPS.

Doc

Not to be an ass. But he would probably throw me under the jail if he caught me doing that.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not saying where, 254kmh / 158mph , new lower stock rear gearing was still surprisingly pulling well.

Nelly:thumbup: