Horsepower Adjustment thru gauge cluster

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so I saw this on this site a while ack and happened to find it again in a Google search, it supposedly adjusts the horsepower up or down using the gauge cluster buttons. I have an 07 US Spec bike and I tried it today. Has anyone tried this and had a result of higher performance? When I completed the sequence shown in this video my bike was set to the lower horsepower setting. I set it to the higher power setting but before i could test the bike out it started raining. Here is the video, it is not an FZ6 by the looks of it but the gauge cluster is similar. I just don't know the bike type. Click on image below to go to video.

N

Naykid

Horsepower is adjusted up and down by the right wrist. Lean angle is adjusted up or down by testicle diameter. :cheer::rockon:

marklar45

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks interesting but I'm not willing to screw around in undocumented settings menus on my bike one mistake could render you bike useless.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
If you have one of the restricted UK bikes, then I'm told that you can de-restrict it by going through some menu in the cluster.

This does not apply to US bikes, only UK bikes.

I haven't tried it myself since I don't have a UK bike. Let us know how it goes please.

Fred

Wyotech kid

Reaction score
Visit site
If that really does work I will able to prove it with a dyno. I will try that and hope for the best and hopefully be able to get a dyno run next week if possible. If it does increase hp I'll know. I myself have an 07 US spec bike. And I've heard too that only the UK bikes can change hp like the CO's, can't be done on the US bikes.:(

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it is FZ1 - if u listen closely you can hear guy says it.
Anyhow - I think it is similar to Aprilia and Ducs systems where you can adjust your power with the switch (for rain,etc).

Wyotech kid

Reaction score
Visit site
Well dang got my hopes up for nothing lol:( To bad this little trick can't be done on an US spec FZ6. I'd like to bump up the power from 78hp to a lil more. :thumbup:

N

Naykid

It was my understanding that the US bikes already came at 90+ hp :confused:

Me too. Supposed to be 95 hp at the crank....and between 87 and 89 hp at the rear wheel...stock.

With a slip on muffler and a PC3 and a map........94 TO 96 HP at the rear wheel.

If Wyotech is only getting 78 hp out of his FZ6......their Dyno is garbage.

Wyotech kid

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard different things for US and UK bikes. UK usually got the 90's and the US got high 70's to 80's.

The dyno here at school has been calibrated by the Dynojet main man himself. Yet there are other factors which contribute to these low number, it was in Florida on a fairly warm day, weather etc. etc. Perhaps I should do another pull and see if I have any imporovements from 6 months ago. :rolleyes:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I took the bike out last night but didn't notice a difference, I can tell better on the highway since I ride mostly on the highway. I'm suspecting even that all the gauge clusters are the same in the US and UK so even though I performed this the computer is different for the US thus this won't do anything. Oh well I was hoping for the best. :D

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I wish i had access to a dyno, maybe because I can't tell means nothing happened. I would think I could feel the HP gain. lol