Horn&Light problem

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

i am experiencing a strange problem with my horn and stoplight.

a few days ago, i tried to twist a little bit the handlebar to get a sportier riding position.

apparently some of the cables of both switches got twisted and bended resulting in a non-functioning horn. In addition, the stop-light is always lit like a pushing the brakes (which I'm not).

I already checked the switch, cleaned it and removed the two wires from the brake lever but the problem persists.

Therefor I assume that there is a short circuit somewhere?!

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It could be you've got some open insulation inside the harness that carries the wires down by your steering where the harness bends. You may have to open that thick covering and look at areas that have to bend a lot. Those areas do fail. But...

First- Check that you don't have a problem with the brake light staying on from the the foot brake. That circuit is parallel to the hand brake circuit, so also unplug the wires for the foot brake to eliminate it.

Also some circuits have sensors and when they fail other circuits malfunction to alert the operator that there is a problem. If you accidently shorted something and blew a fuse it might make another circuit get your attention. Check all your fuses and make sure they are all good.
Please keep us in the loop as you progress through this because we all learn collectively through other's experiences. You'll be a teacher! :rockon: