Hiya!! =] New Member to Forums on a new FZ6-R

Love Enigma

Reaction score
Visit site
Hiya <3
My name is Eve and I'm on an FZ6R I bought in Febrary. Just bent the front forks on Palomar Mountain about a month ago. I was online and was looking for replacements when I stumbled onto this site! Nice, yes?

So, my bike isn't running at this second, but once I get forks, a new foot peg, unbend the brake and polish up the dent and scrapes in the tank, I'm on the road!

I live in San Diego, and have been riding for 2 years. Just switched onto the FZ's, was on a CBR F2, which I loved until it died beneath me... irrepairably. The palomar trip was my first crash and/or lay down of any kind (*which must say something for character, huh?)

I want to race, and will get around to that, but being 5'10, no matter how small I am, is always going to be a bad factor against me.

Anyway, enough rambling.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum.

And whoa! What a first post? I hope you were unhurt in the crash. You'll find a ton of useful stuff on the forum and we do have a growing community of FZ6R riders here. Post often and ride safe!

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum! Strong first post, sorry to hear about your off, but glad you're OK. Hope you get your R running again soon!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! :welcome:This is a great site with great people and info. Glad to hear you're okay.

Here in Mira Mesa. Going to ride Pally,South grade right now! I'm riding a friends Ducati Monster today to get his new tires scrubbed in.
A few folks on the forum have been a little interested in SD people getting together for a ride. Two of us rode East and South Grade last Fri. Have you seen the kazillions of flying grasshoppers out by the lake? I've been going up the 15 and taking 76 in to Pally to avoid them.

Later,
Cliff

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum! We have a nice following of FZ6R riders, in fact we have our own set of sub-forums. It's pretty sweet! :cheer:

Get things back together, then go out there and ride....safely!

Love Enigma

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! :welcome:This is a great site with great people and info. Glad to hear you're okay.

Here in Mira Mesa. Going to ride Pally,South grade right now! I'm riding a friends Ducati Monster today to get his new tires scrubbed in.
A few folks on the forum have been a little interested in SD people getting together for a ride. Two of us rode East and South Grade last Fri. Have you seen the kazillions of flying grasshoppers out by the lake? I've been going up the 15 and taking 76 in to Pally to avoid them.

Later,
Cliff

Yes, I have!! Isn't it ridiculous?! Awesome. I'm glad to hear of that. I love going on random rides. I've a good few buddies who normally tour around with me. We've hit a good few places from palomar to yosemite and back. Good times =P

Anyway! Thanks for the wzrm welcomes, everyone! A few other forums have been to quiet. I'm glad to see this one is alive and well!!
Best!

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Hope you enjoy our forum, lots of FZ6r's showing up lately! Hope you get your bike back on the road soon! Post often, keep it shiny side up and use the search function!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Eve! I hope you get the ride fixed and on the road soon!

Keep an eye on Craigslist, ebay and local ads...

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
You might want to volunteer to be the first FZ6R rider to do a fork swap mod. At 41mm, you're a candidate to use 06-07 R6, 08-09 R6 inverted forks (they'll at least fit the triples). You'll also need an axle, and some spacers.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from :canada:

Sorry to hear about your drop, but good to hear it didn't damped your spirit!