Hit and Run

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
So I keep my FZ under a cover, it was toward the back of the space and someone still hits it... not so much as a note.
the kickstand dug into the asphalt, the forks are twisted, the fender is broken off and the right rotor is bent...
I cant even put into words my frustration, especially with the week Ive had. ( I used my mothers Yukon to turn an Accord into a Civic hatch on Monday, at least their insurance is covering that) among another huge family issue...

Does anyone else feel like beating their head against a wall?

*end rant for now.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel your pain. You may remember my car getting hit few months ago in the same way. Parked in front of my house. Substantial damage.. no note. Found the guy who did it (he lives up the block). Cop showed up and wouldn't do a damn thing because there was no witnesses, even though the other guys plastic is under my car and his paint is on my car.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel your pain. You may remember my car getting hit few months ago in the same way. Parked in front of my house. Substantial damage.. no note. Found the guy who did it (he lives up the block). Cop showed up and wouldn't do a damn thing because there was no witnesses, even though the other guys plastic is under my car and his paint is on my car.

Take him through the small claims court with a no win no fee lawyer.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Take him through the small claims court with a no win no fee lawyer.

Not worth my time. It's $500 out of pocket for me to fix.. just sucks that we live in a world full of such people.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear. I'd go crazy with worry if I had to park my bike in public parking like an a condo/apartment complex or along a street.

Hope you can get her fixed up reasonably quick and afford-ably.

Side note: I'm not sure what the circumstance was to cause the hit but most likely it was not intentional. I always wondered why most motorcycle covers are dark colors, makes your bike hard to see parked at night when someone decides to back into a parking spot, ya know? If it were me I'd get a bright cover or spray paint a big X on each side with some reflective paint!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it worth turning in to ins co?

Sorry to hear that - It would be VERY SADDENING to See first hand.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
my bike cover is reflective silver and black around the tires....theres no way they wouldnt have seen it if they were paying attention.

insurance would be pointless in this case, mostly because its private property, and I have liability. but the deductible would be more then it would be to fix it, Im a mechanic so I have accounts with parts suppliers at close to wholesale prices and labor would obviously be free since I would do it. I priced it out and it will be just shy of $290 in parts :/

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All I can say is you have my condolences. Don't forget to drink a cold one as soon as you're done dealing with it!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I put a sign up on my bike threatening a hit and run charge since I already knew the car that did it (total bluff, I had no idea what car or who) and the guy called me 30 min later!!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

he was pretty cool about it, if his deductible is more then it is to fix it then obviously it will be handled differently.

Im just so happy the FZ and my moms truck are getting fixed and I dont have to worry with it!!!!!!!

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I put a sign up on my bike threatening a hit and run charge since I already knew the car that did it (total bluff, I had no idea what car or who) and the guy called me 30 min later!!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

he was pretty cool about it, if his deductible is more then it is to fix it then obviously it will be handled differently.

Im just so happy the FZ and my moms truck are getting fixed and I dont have to worry with it!!!!!!!
That's awesome, but I need to make a mental note to not play poker with you. [emoji33]
I thought that you might find out who did it sooner or later, but that was quick. Good luck with the repairs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
That's awesome, but I need to make a mental note to not play poker with you. [emoji33]
I thought that you might find out who did it sooner or later, but that was quick. Good luck with the repairs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ill chalk it up to dumb luck with it being so quick....its about time I got some sort of good luck. Blah

dont play poker with me, im terrible lol